Thread: Converting Mpeg To Vcd Using Nero

well, I haven't done this before and I know i've seen it on some threads but never read them. So I have Kill Bill v2 [3 CD's telesync] and wanna watch it on a dvd player. I'm using Nero to burn. I click on create [new vcd] ....where to I put the mpeg file?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    i know nero can do it but its messy and the finished product is not that good try this tutorial if you want to convrt vcd/svcd ( mpeg ) to dvdr

just adjust the second bit for vcd instead of dvd , then burn the vcd with nero by selecting the mpeg file by choosing it from the right pain and dragging it to the left

http://ness888.users.btopenworld.com/fromvcd2dvd.htm

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    muchspl2
    that wont help, he has the three disc bin/cue svcd already
    file > burn image or if you have the newer nero 6 its recorder > burn image
    pick the cue
    burn

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by muchspl2@28 April 2004 - 15:38
    that wont help, he has the three disc bin/cue svcd already
    file > burn image or if you have the newer nero 6 its recorder > burn image
    pick the cue
    burn
    I actully don't have the image anymore...I converted it to mpeg, so I could watch it on my computer....using G-spot codec, it seems that the files are MPEG-2 (svcd). I have nero 6 ultra....how would I burn that to make it playable on a dvd player. Do I have to convert it back to a bin/cue file?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I'm confused now. I thought he was asking how to burn the vcd with Nero.

If that is the case, the easiest way is with Nero Express. Just drag the file into the window that opens after you click Video CD.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    muchspl2
    the image was ready to watch on your dvd
    anything you did after you downloaded it was a waste of your time
    bin/cue = ready to burn also means ready to watch on your dvd player
    also for future reference when you do download a divx/xvid movie and you really do have to encode it, please do your self a favor and DON'T let nero encode, it does a horrible job click my links below on how to correctly encode a vcd/svcd
    could also look into kvcd if you want to save disc

edit to better anwser your question:
    1 how did you convert it to mpeg to "watch" & FYI videolan can play bin file's without "converting"

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    i just used Vcd Gear to convert it to mpeg.....I didn't know that videolan would play bin/cue files....anyways, I just like to watch it on my computer..but a friend wants to watch it on their tv so thats why I want to put it on disc(CD-R)......should I....
    1.convert the mpeg back to bin/cue? if so what program do i use?
    2.is there some way to drag and drop the mpeg file into nero to watch on svcd?

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    muchspl2
    ok just pick svcd in nero and drag your mpeg over to the bottom left
    burn

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by muchspl2@29 April 2004 - 01:11
    ok just pick svcd in nero and drag your mpeg over to the bottom left
    burn
    sorry muchspl2 but the initial request was to convert to watch on vcd , thats why i showed him the vcdgear and tmpgenc way

its the best way i know to convert a svcd to ether dvd or vcd, and seems to give good quality end result