Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Many People Use Foobar Music Player ?

I have just started using Foobar music player.

I htink its sound quality is better than say Winamp 2.91 and I just love the way you can have multiple playlists loaded and be able to see which one you are playing at the time !

Any one else using it / any more comments on Foobar ?

Regards

Digby
    What color is your Adkaf ?

2. Music   -   #2
    old school
    I recommend foobar if you need the most basic mp3 player there is. I use it on my older (crappy) PC and it works great. Otherwise with my main (newer) PC I'll stick with winamp

:music1:

3. Music   -   #3
    Very interesting Gutter.

Why do you prefer Winamp ?

Regards
    Digby

4. Music   -   #4
    Foobar is the best player aruound.

5. Music   -   #5
    i prefer winamp, foobar just takes up too much space and looks horrible.

6. Music   -   #6
    Winamp for me too. I use the MMD skin and it looks cool plus the Media Library is great and the MMD skin hides itself away at the top. I also use QCD, Summerlinda and some other converted me to it. (Only use QCD when I have a lot of other programs running as it use's half the CPU Winamp does)

Never tried Foobar will give it a go tho :music1:

7. Music   -   #7
    Good to see a few of you have tried Foobar.

Yes it does look a bit plain, but I you look at its options and add-ins I think you will see that there has been quite a bit of development on the program and I think there are far more options available than in Winamp 2.91.

I am sure the sound is cleaner - I would appreciate any others comments on the sound quality.

I still say that Foobar's playlists are much better than Winamp's in that you can actually see which one you are playing now or saving files to so that you don't overwrite the wrong playlist file. With Winamp you never know which playlist is playing (if you forget which one you started)

Regards

Digby

8. Music   -   #8
    for me its harder to see what track is playing in the list than in winamp. All you have is that tiny >

9. Music   -   #9
    old school
    Originally posted by Nogimics@29 April 2004 - 11:08
    Winamp for me too. I use the MMD skin and it looks cool plus the Media Library is great and the MMD skin hides itself away at the top.
    ditto

I have enjoyed winamp and given WMP the boot
    foobar just works best on my older PC, winamp's graphics bog down that old thing.
    nothing wrong with foobar or winamp

this QCD i'll have to look into, Summerlinda has always given me useful apps

:music1:

10. Music   -   #10
    billybob666
    I use winamp for conveniance

I mean if i wanted better sound quality i would ITunes but it takes up too much RAM and the windows version still needs some more testing...but when i get my i-pod i will use ITunes a hell of a lot more

I did have foobar installed but i found it very plain and boring...and i really couldnt be fucked messing around with another mp3 player...

But in my very humble opinion winamp is quick, easy, great to use while playing computer games that take up a lot of RAM and it plays the music and a nice quality if you are musically enhanced and know how to use a equalizer and not settle for presets...

And with playlists...most people couldnt give a fuck...i play full CD's not singles to i just let albums play...one after each other...so i dont even look at the playlist...I have it nicely hidden away up the top of my computer...

Btw i just got a serial number and upgraded it to pro...so i've got a nice complete player at my fingertips with winamp...and yes i have both winamp 2.91 and winamp 5.02...so i have the best of both worlds...and my compuetr's main purpose is to play, make, tag, burn, rip and everything else to do with music i have a complete set-up on my computer...So i do know what im talking about

Laters
    Billy :music1:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast