Thread: Video/audio File Auto-loop On A Cd-r./help!

I copied a video/audio file auto-loop on a CD-R. It plays just fine on the computer. But on the dvd only the video shows up. No audio. The dvd plays MP3, CD-Rom,as well. ANd my MP3's work.

What went wrong? On the screen I get the symbol for "unavailable" audio. From all I read I copied the data in Mode 2 if that makes a difference. I would guess it haas something to do with the CD-ROM drive in the dvd player equipment. Should I have used a CD-RW?

Thanks!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    A CD-RW just means that you can erase the disk and use it again, but in my experiences, they are more fragile.

When you say you copied a video/audio file, what do you mean? Did you encode an avi file to make a VCD? What program did you use. It only helps to give more information.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Xero Grid@29 April 2004 - 07:03
    A CD-RW just means that you can erase the disk and use it again, but in my experiences, they are more fragile.

When you say you copied a video/audio file, what do you mean? Did you encode an avi file to make a VCD? What program did you use. It only helps to give more information.

-- Xero Grid --
    I am using Easy Creator6 and their PhotoRelay. I added JPEG photos and then used the Ph/Relay&#39;s command: Record Audio. After completing all photos and each recording, I made a NEW file with a continuum of photos and then attached their audios. I went to "Slide SHow" which had me copy the session to a CD_R, but not Finalized CD-R. I played it on my dvd but the audio button sent an "unauthorized" symbol. I returned to Ph/Relay, repeated the process of "slide show" and recording to another CD-R and Finalized the CD-R. I might add that when I copy from Ph/Relay a message pops up that it is using "Mode 2" and I cannot copy onto a CD with another program that was copied in "Mode 1". (Which I am not doing. I use a new cd each time. And of course, my supply is dwindling rapidly&#33
    I still can view the JPG Photos "slide show" but still no audio. My dvd player states it can play MP3 and CD-ROM and JPEG. What am I missing here? I am referencing "Complete Idiot&#39;s Guide to Creating your own cd&#39;s",copyright 2001 as well as the manual with my dvd. The slide show and its Audio work just fine on the computer. Just not my dvd.

Thanks.