Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is It Safe?

Poster
    Right next to the weapons of mass destructions
    Hey i have ad-watch (adawareprofessional edtion) and google toolbar runing while i surf the net. Am i safe from the most viruses, keyloggers e.t.c? I was thinking of installing spybot s&d but i thought adwatch was good enough. What is your opnion?

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'> &quot;Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye......THEN its a sport&#33;&#33;&quot;
    - danyj</span></span></span>

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Poster
    get a firewall (goole sygate) and a decent anti virus program (KAV or AVG)

spyware searchers will not help against viruses, only adaware spyware etc

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Poster
    Try getting a decent firewall (Sygate, ZonaAlarm, etc.) and an anti-virus product (such as Symantec Corp.)

Just so you know, the Google Toolbar does almost nothing to protect you againt malicious code.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Poster
    I should have made myself more clear sorry. I have norton, but what i meant was is adwatch ang google(toolbar) good enough to protect you from popups and spyware and other malicious stuff?

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'> &quot;Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye......THEN its a sport&#33;&#33;&quot;

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by danyj@29 April 2004 - 19:42
    I should have made myself more clear sorry. I have norton, but what i meant was is adwatch ang google(toolbar) good enough to protect you from popups and spyware and other malicious stuff?
    I see.

Overall you are pretty safe from the popups/spyware, it is a good idea to scan with both AdAware and Spybot, as somtimes they can miss some things. For a popupstopper, I would suggest Firefox.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by danyj@29 April 2004 - 19:42
    theyll stop popups and those spywares that you get from websites, but it wont protect from spyware included with programs, such as kazaa media desktop (the non lite one, the one by sharmon...)

to keep rid of spyware, I recomend using spysweeper, best and easiest to use program ive found to date, and just run it every week or two. ithe trial can be downloaded from www.webroot.com but if you want the full version, youll have to search kazaa lite or another p2p program. the latest verison, btw, is 2.6.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    AdWatch is terrible imho. Plus it&#39;s a resource hog.

It&#39;s good though you&#39;re thinking about multilayered protection. If you got good AV & PF. I&#39;d get RegProt, ScripTrap & probably most importantly SpywareBlaster. All these are freeware. Google is your friend.

Oh yeah get SSD as you mentioned it&#39;s 10x better than AAW.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Poster
    i also sometimes scan using trojanhunter (google). It can pick up trojans that anti virus and stuff do not

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Poster
    Alright, thanks for all your opnion So far what i got from all this is that i should use google toolbar, an anti virus program (norton), adaware, and i cant decide which is better spysweeper or spybot? any help?

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by zapjb@30 April 2004 - 08:09
    Oh yeah get SSD as you mentioned it&#39;s 10x better than AAW.
    Let him form his own opinion.

Alright, thanks for all your opnion So far what i got from all this is that i should use google toolbar, an anti virus program (norton), adaware, and i cant decide which is better spysweeper or spybot? any help?
    I would recommened you try them both and see which one works for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast