Thread: Error

trajillo's Avatar Fitter Happier
    I Got This Error Just out of nowhere ?

wat the chicken balls is going on?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Most definetly Blaster worm or one of its variations! You are about to get doomed if you dont act

Update your antivirus, run a scan...
    Google for "cleaning blaster worm" and follow the directions.

-
    I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    yep , blaster for sure , if you are on dial up , you will net be able to download the fix b4 it shuts you down again, even on cable and adsl you might have problems , go to another comp , or a mates comp and download the fix ,

here is the norton page with all removal tools on it
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...tools.list.html

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Well you can download on yours, its easy to cancel shutdown.

Just go "Windows key + R" for run and type "shutdown -a"

It aborts the shutdown process you saw. But once u get the removal tool you have to disconnect so save all the instructions before hand coz u might not be able to go online...
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ok i got rid of the RPC from services.msc but not how to get rid of thw worm? can sum1 help me find the fix tool sumwhere cause already tried one but it didn&#39;t find anything

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Removal Tool or McAfee AVERT Stinger is great. Finally a program from McAfee that doesn&#39;t suck and doesn&#39;t cost money.

When you said you disabled RPC, do you mean you stopped it from restarting your comp? Because everything is linked to RPC and simply cannot be shut down without causing some really bad problems. Anyway, you should check this out.
    DCOMbobulator shuts down the vulnerability so you won&#39;t be affected by any blaster crap again.

Then make sure you have a good anti-virus and keep it up to date.
    NOD32 or AVG are both excellent.

What anti-virus did you have to not catch the blaster worm, anyway?

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    uhh well this day i had norton running and i updated and then next day norton wanted me to update AGAIN and i said to myself FUCK IT i anit gunna be on long and then BANG CRASH there i go the worm sassar one of he lastest viruses hits me but i figured out how to get rid of it thanx to you all.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Ahh, there&#39;s the problem. You&#39;re using Norton.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    muchspl2

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Either way, Stinger is already made to handle it.

-- Xero Grid --