Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let Me Tell You About My Day...

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Well I'm back from work. Let me tell you about my day, and what assholes people can be.

So I work at a movie theatre, and I do different things everyday, I get my schedule every thursday. So today I was doing concession (selling food). Some new movies came out today, so it was packed, I mean a lot of people everywhere.

Bad stuff:
    I was at my register, with a big line in front of me. In the line there was some lady. During the time, people kept ordering a lot of food, and I mean a lot. It was slowing me down, getting all that stuff. Before its her turn, there were four guys. Now these four guys ordered just about everything on the stupid menu. They asked for 4 hotdogs, 2 nachos, 2 pizzas, and so on.

It took me a long time to get all the stuff. Right before I was done with them, the line next to me was gone, and the register was open. She moved over to the next register, and gave me a bad look, and said:
    You know what? I'm being served. You are the slowest employee I've ever seen!
    Now at that time, my coordinator (higher than employee, lower than manager, kind of like managers assistant) was there, and heard the whole thing. He noticed I was working hard and the four guys ordered a lot of food, so before I could say anything he said
    Don't worry about it man. Let it go.
    One of the four guys also looked at her and said
    Dude, we ordered a lot of stuff. Give him a break.
    Man... I was pissed. But then I remembered, hey, there will be nice people, and there will be assholes. I mean, all the other workers get this all the time. So yeah I didn't take it personally and didn't care afterwords.

Now, on to the good stuff:
    Today at work, I saw Shaq from the lakers, and that one guy Josh from the show "Drake and Josh." It was a busy day, so time went by fast. It was cool, today was great exept for the mean lady.

And here I am now.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Why do these People not bring their own Hotdogs and nachos?Thats what we do.

Another reason I will always love the drive-in.Bring whatever you want.

There is only one drive-in left in Louisville Kentucky.We hope we can keep it for a few more Years.But it is not looking good.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Out of The Ordinary
    No matter how hard You work there's always a risk that someone is not happy with the service, very nice of the people that backed You up.

BOT

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    A lot of my volunteer work I have to sit on the reception and we get complaints all the time from young people waiting to see an advisor. They can't even wait 10 minutes until they start whining and bitching at us.

My latest trick to deal with them is to overuse the word volunteer so that at least they might appreciate that the people who are "taking fucking ages" are not getting paid to be here.

"Yes, it shouldn't be to long to see a volunteer now. As soon as a volunteer is free you'll be able to speak to a volunteer about your problems."

5. Lounge   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Rip The Jacker@1 May 2004 - 01:21
    Well I'm back from work. Let me tell you about my day, and what assholes people can be.

So I work at a movie theatre, and I do different things everyday, I get my schedule every thursday. So today I was doing concession (selling food). Some new movies came out today, so it was packed, I mean a lot of people everywhere.

Bad stuff:
    I was at my register, with a big line in front of me. In the line there was some lady. During the time, people kept ordering a lot of food, and I mean a lot. It was slowing me down, getting all that stuff. Before its her turn, there were four guys. Now these four guys ordered just about everything on the stupid menu. They asked for 4 hotdogs, 2 nachos, 2 pizzas, and so on.

It took me a long time to get all the stuff. Right before I was done with them, the line next to me was gone, and the register was open. She moved over to the next register, and gave me a bad look, and said:
    You know what? I'm being served. You are the slowest employee I've ever seen!
    Now at that time, my coordinator (higher than employee, lower than manager, kind of like managers assistant) was there, and heard the whole thing. He noticed I was working hard and the four guys ordered a lot of food, so before I could say anything he said
    Don't worry about it man. Let it go.
    Man... I was pissed. But then I remembered, hey, there will be nice people, and there will be assholes. I mean, all the other workers get this all the time. So yeah I didn't take it personally and didn't care afterwords.

Today at work, I saw Shaq from the lakers, and that one guy Josh from the show "Drake and Josh." It was a busy day, so time went by fast. It was cool, today was great exept for the mean lady.

And here I am now.
    Don't you have a wife and kids or someone who loves you that you can pour that out too?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Evil Comments from Strangers in the morning
    can really kill your day

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by shn+1 May 2004 - 08:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 1 May 2004 - 08:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rip The Jacker@1 May 2004 - 01:21
    Well I&#39;m back from work. Let me tell you about my day, and what assholes people can be.

Bad stuff:

You know what? I&#39;m being served. You are the slowest employee I&#39;ve ever seen&#33;
    Don&#39;t worry about it man. Let it go.
    Man... I was pissed. But then I remembered, hey, there will be nice people, and there will be assholes. I mean, all the other workers get this all the time. So yeah I didn&#39;t take it personally and didn&#39;t care afterwords.

And here I am now.
    Don&#39;t you have a wife and kids or someone who loves you that you can pour that out too? [/b][/quote]
    Looks like Rip was not the only person to have a bad day...

8. Lounge   -   #8
    BANNED
    if u saw some one recording the film with a camra would u report him or what ever?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    @ Rip - i used to work at the cinema and the most annoying thing would be when they ask for popcorn and i&#39;d say "whould you like sweet or salted popcorn?" and they&#39;d ask "what is the difference?"..........how am i supposed to answer that without sounding sarcastic?

@ gungrave - yeah i&#39;ve stopped people but only the ones that were rubbish @ sneeking a camera in
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by gungrave@1 May 2004 - 13:25
    if u saw some one recording the film with a camra would u report him or what ever?
    Good question, if i worker there i proberly wouldn&#39;t. I get people where i work (Rental movie shop) renting like 5 movies and bringing them back he same day. I know they copy them or upload them to people but i dont care. I can&#39;t prove it without stalking them and thats against the boards rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast