Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A 2nd Chance For Those Who R Bannded

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Well said Reality

The locking of threads and the wall of silence doesn't work to diffuse the situation either

btw I have just hit anti spam for the 5th time in about 20 minutes

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Adster isnt banned anyway....he just went walkabout again.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Withcheese+1 May 2004 - 16:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 1 May 2004 - 16:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by scribblec@1 May 2004 - 15:28
    <!--QuoteBegin-bawa@Klite_user
    @1 May 2004 - 15:58
    Admin, mods plz give banned member 2nd chance, if they did all wrong stuff again banned again.

Peace

yea lets let the peados unbanned lets let idiots like billy dean unbanned

BRILLIANT IDEA &#33;&#33;&#33;

Could be perhaps he&#39;s not talking about them?

BFH. [/b][/quote]
    mods plz give banned member
    hes generalising .

arent the people i suggested banned too? so therefore he wants them unbanned aswell

BURN&#33;&#33;

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by REALITY+1 May 2004 - 08:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 1 May 2004 - 08:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 08:39
    In other cases, bans may be a rash decision, made on the spur of the moment. As I said in another post yesterday:

We have reasons for doing things the way we do them. Why do we keep harping on using the PM system for resolving issues? Because when it&#39;s done publicly it kills the atmosphere of the board. No one wants to come on and see constant disputes. I don&#39;t personally care if someone questions an action, send me a PM, I&#39;ll be happy to investigate it. But lately it seems like some members are hell bent on publicly embarrassing the team. And that gets nowhere. It&#39;s human nature. By bringing it up as such, the only thing it accomplishes is putting people on their defenses. After that, you can pretty much forget getting anything you want out of them. The longer it goes on, the less tolerant people become, to the point where they finally just say, enough is enough, and start silencing people.
    I think it&#39;s fair to say that that&#39;s what&#39;s happening. And in some cases, can you blame them? Be fair, if someone were to come into your home, slam you, your house, your family, throw garbage all over the floor, generally make a mess and disrupt the place, what would your first reaction be? To sit down and try to talk to the person? Or to kick them out?
    I agree with most of this and the idea of using pm and so forth but I truly think mods should not be defensive of this behavior as it is expected and is also considered human nature. Lets not forget members consider this they&#39;re house as well and sometimes is the reason for their rage and the lack of civility... [/b][/quote]
    i can&#39;t believe the fag said something right this time

no offence intended

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    People that were given straight bans without a warning or moderation are victims of the "heat of the moment".

Those bans should be immediately revoked and those people placed on moderation.

I am hearing of people being banned without receiving a PM, that is not right.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by hobbes@1 May 2004 - 20:47
    People that were given straight bans without a warning or moderation are victims of the "heat of the moment".

They only found out when they tried to log in the next time

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Originally posted by hobbes@1 May 2004 - 14:47
    No, it isn&#39;t.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    So we gonna give a SECOND F* CHANCE TO THOSE GOOD PEOPLE OR NOT ??

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@1 May 2004 - 20:47

I totally, unreservedly agree.

It is similar to the ref who shows the red card as a reaction to the game, not the specific offence.

Moderation must be the first option for all but the most heinous offences. Not immediate ban.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Originally posted by scribblec+1 May 2004 - 11:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scribblec @ 1 May 2004 - 11:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bawa@Klite_user@1 May 2004 - 15:58
    Admin, mods plz give banned member 2nd chance,&nbsp; if they did all wrong stuff again banned again.

Peace
    yea lets let the peados unbanned lets let idiots like billy dean unbanned

BRILLIANT IDEA &#33;&#33;&#33;

[/b][/quote]
    I just saw this.

Scribblec, it&#39;s totally and completely unnecessary to insult people who aren&#39;t here to defend themselves. It&#39;s comments such as this that turn decent discussion threads into useless flame wars. What exactly does making a comment such as this resolve?

If you have an issue with the stated appeal, it is possible to air your reservations about with being insulting.

As Withcheese said, I think the point here is more about the recent bannings that were handed down with no team discussion, or without any sort of warning to the member involved.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast