Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A 2nd Chance For Those Who R Bannded

Originally posted by NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 20:36
    Scribblec, it's totally and completely unnecessary to insult people who aren't here to defend themselves.
    I just saw this topic
    not long after finding a banned member
    when looking at the banned members search for new aditions from the current topics

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Originally posted by NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 20:36

I think the point here is more about the recent bannings that were handed down with no team discussion, or without any sort of warning to the member involved.
    Are you actually saying that you mod's weren't consulted??
    Why stay mod if that's the case?

edit:typing
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    ricky123 was banned for saying 'u all mother fuckers suck'.

i guess i would of thought moderation instead

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Originally posted by nostalgia+1 May 2004 - 15:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nostalgia &#064; 1 May 2004 - 15:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 20:36

I think the point here is more about the recent bannings that were handed down with no team discussion, or without any sort of warning to the member involved.
    Are you actually saying that you mod&#39;s weren&#39;t consulted??
    Why stay mod if that&#39;s the case?

edit:typing [/b][/quote]
    Yes, I&#39;ve said that a few times now I think. Implied might be the better word.

I&#39;m still a mod here because I think it&#39;s possible for someone to make a rash decision in the heat of the moment and rethink that decision with a cooler head. Lots of people say/do things in anger or upset that they wouldn&#39;t normally say or do. That&#39;s one of the reasons we have an edit button. I know myself I&#39;ve posted sarky replies to people that I later thought back on and regretted, and apologized for.

If I didn&#39;t feel that way, I would be fully supportive of the bans in question, as they were pretty much the same thing, no? Things done in anger which those members would normally not have done? The only difference is the person&#39;s position on the board. Admins are not infallable either.

@ GHOST 1337 - I wasn&#39;t aware of that one. And yes, that&#39;s pretty much what&#39;s been said about the others.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by NikkiD+1 May 2004 - 21:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikkiD @ 1 May 2004 - 21:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by nostalgia@1 May 2004 - 15:50
    <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD
    @1 May 2004 - 20:36

Yes, I&#39;ve said that a few times now I think. Implied might be the better word.

I&#39;m still a mod here because I think it&#39;s possible for someone to make a rash decision in the heat of the moment and rethink that decision with a cooler head. Lots of people say/do things in anger or upset that they wouldn&#39;t normally say or do. That&#39;s one of the reasons we have an edit button. I know myself I&#39;ve posted sarky replies to people that I later thought back on and regretted, and apologized for.

If I didn&#39;t feel that way, I would be fully supportive of the bans in question, as they were pretty much the same thing, no? Things done in anger which those members would normally not have done? The only difference is the person&#39;s position on the board. Admins are not infallable either. [/b][/quote]
    Yet again, the young lady speaks for me too

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+1 May 2004 - 21:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 1 May 2004 - 21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 21:08
    Originally posted by nostalgia@1 May 2004 - 15:50
    <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD
    @1 May 2004 - 20:36

If I didn&#39;t feel that way, I would be fully supportive of the bans in question, as they were pretty much the same thing, no? Things done in anger which those members would normally not have done? The only difference is the person&#39;s position on the board. Admins are not infallable either.
    Yet again, the young lady speaks for me too [/b][/quote]
    since you all agree, then y not say somehting to the admin(s) who are doing these &#39;un called for&#39; bans?

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    Well said NikkiD all along&#33; :beerchug:

So whats the next step?

I guess hearing that discussions in the team are going regarding the spur of the moment decisions & about giving the second chance to the few banned members, might be a little reassuring.

-
    I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Several of us have been.

RF - get your hand out of my butt&#33; I&#39;m not really your puppet&#33;&#33;

@I.am - I feel like a politician. The discussion is ongoing amongst the team members, has been for a couple of days, we&#39;re waiting for everyone to comment on it as some haven&#39;t seen it yet.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Originally posted by NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 21:17
    Several of us have been.

you have been? well there obviously not listening. so the bottom line is, they dont really give a fuck what you have to say?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    Well, why don&#39;t you guys have a meeting and come to some decisions. I think any more open discussion by the Mods might make other Mods feel picked on.

Send out the cyber smoke signals and have a pow-wow.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast