Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ati Radeon X800 Pro Official Specifications,

http://www.cooltechzone.com/reviews/video_...tistory_002.php

There has been a lot of activity in the graphics market currently. After waiting for a while, Nvidia, one of the two graphics makers, released its NV40 based 6800 Ultra video card couple weeks ago. Everyone is now waiting for ATi to unleash its R420 based X800 series into the market. There were many users, media, and industry analysts predicting the exact launch date of the ATi's next generation graphics processors along with the exact specifications.

According to a news tip received by CoolTechZone, an online retailer, All Star Shop is currently taking online orders of the ATi X800 Pro 256MB card on it's website.

The card will be sold for $499.99. The prices are exactly the same from the time when ATi and Nvidia launched their 9800XT and 5950 cards.

The X800 Pro card will definitely feature 12 parallel pixel pipelines, 256-bit GDDR3 on-board memory, 8 extreme parallel pixel pipelines, and 6 parallel vertex processing engines.

The pre-order date is set to May 7th of this year, which means that the retail cards have already reached the online and offline retailers. It's now a matter of official announcement from ATi.

Below is the information we got from All Star Shop's website:

The ATI RADEON™ X800 PRO delivers frame rates that surpass any previous graphics processor making it the world’s most powerful VPU. With up to two times the performance of the acclaimed RADEON™ 9800 PRO, the RADEON™ X800 PRO provides an extremely smooth, responsive HD gaming experience, putting capable gamers in complete control of even the most demanding game titles. A radically new architecture based on the latest .13 micron, low-k manufacturing process with ultra fast and efficient GDDR3 memory combine to produce extreme data rates and unbelievable acceleration in a quiet, cool, single-slot solution.

BREAKTHROUGH IMAGE QUALITY
    The RADEON™ X800 PRO defines a totally new High-Definition Gaming experience for the avid gamer by maximizing performance and image quality in higher detail and at higher resolutions than ever before. ATI‘s new and revolutionary 3Dc™ image enhancement technology brings characters to life and scenery to greater realism by enabling significant improvements to the image detail of character art with increased performance and lower memory usage. 3Dc™ is slated to become the industry standard to support more complex high-definition visual effects in real time.

ADVANCED 3D ARCHITECTURE
    The RADEONTM X800 PRO features SMARTSHADER™ HD, the most advanced pixel
    shader engine with 12 parallel pixel pipelines capable of an incredible 6 igapixels/second fill rate in full precision! With six programmable vertex shader pipelines, capable of up to 7000 million vertices per second and an overall capability of over 140 million floating point operations per second(Giga FLOPS), the RADEON™ X800 PRO delivers the most beautifully rendered high-definition 3D animation for the ultimate in intense, interactive game play.

CUTTING EDGE VIDEO TECHNOLOGY
    The RADEON™ X800 PRO gives you more than just a great gaming experience. It also has sophisticated video processing, filtering and acceleration features that make multimedia applications more efficient, inspiring and fun. With VIDEOSHADER™ HD, the RADEON™ X800 PRO takes advantage of its advanced shader processing engine for user programmable video effects, video quality enhancement, and encoding and decoding of many video standards, including MPEG1/2/4, Real Media, DivX and WMV9. The RADEON™ X800 PRO also supports the latest high-definition and wide display formats, giving users bigger and more vivid movie, gaming and Internet experiences.

SMARTSHADER™ HD
    + Support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 programmable vertex and pixel shaders in hardware
    + Direct X 9.0 Vertex Shaders
    + Vertex programs up to 65,280 instructions with flow control
    + Single cycle trigonometric operations (SIN & COS)
    + Direct X 9.0 Extended Pixel Shaders
    + Up to 1,536 instructions and 16 textures per rendering pass
    + 2nd generation F-buffer technology accelerates multi-pass pixel shader programs with unlimited instructions
    + 32 temporary and constant registers
    + Facing register for two-sided lighting
    + 128-bit, 64-bit & 32-bit per pixel floating point color formats
    + Multiple Render Target (MRT) support
    + Complete feature set also supported in OpenGL® via extensions

SMOOTHVISION™ HD
    + 3Dc™ - Normal map image compression technology resulting in high detail image quality 2x/4x/6x Anti-Aliasing modes
    + Sparse multi-sample algorithm with gamma correction, programmable sample patterns, and centroid sampling
    + Lossless Color Compression (up to 6:1)at all resolutions, including widescreen
    + HDTV resolutions
    + Temporal Anti-Aliasing
    + 2x/4x/8x/16x Anisotropic Filtering modes
    + Up to 128-tap texture filtering
    + Adaptive algorithm with bilinear (performance) and trilinear (quality) option

3DC™
    + High quality 4:1 Normal Map Compression
    + Works with any two-channel data format

HYPER Z™ HD
    + 3-level Hierarchical Z-Buffer with Early Z Test
    + Lossless Z-Buffer Compression (up to 48:1)
    + Fast Z-Buffer Clear
    + Z Cache optimized for real-time shadow rendering
    + Optimized for performance at high display resolutions, including widescreen
    + HDTV resolutions

VIDEOSHADER™ HD
    + Seamless integration of pixel shaders with video in real time
    + FULLSTREAM™ video de-blocking technology for Real, DivX, and WMV9 formats
    + VIDEOSOAP™ noise removal filtering for captured video
    + MPEG1/2/4 decode and encode acceleration
    + DXVA Support
    + Hardware Motion Compensation, iDCT, DCT and color space conversion
    + All-format DTV/HDTV decoding
    + YPrPb component output for direct drive of HDTV displays
    + Adaptive Per-Pixel De-Interlacing and Frame Rate Conversion (temporal filtering)
    Available for preorder: here

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    they list all of that and where the mhz at? i want to know how fast it's gonna be clocked at!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Well atleast its kept simple rather than a faking huge card like nvidia 6800 ultra.
    P4 2.4C / 1024M / R9600XT 128M / 80GB / 400W
    Peer-to-peer Programs...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by mr. nails@1 May 2004 - 18:38
    they list all of that and where the mhz at? i want to know how fast it's gonna be clocked at!

You say that as though clock speeds are the be-all and end-all of graphics cards
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    The great thing about these new cards is temporal antialiasing and the new compression technology 3Dc™.

If you already own an ATi 9500 or above, take a look at this article.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6

These three settings seem to be related:

TemporalAAFrameThreshold
    TemporalAAFrameEnableCount
    TemporalAAFrameDisableCount

Here's my understanding as to what they do:

TemporalAAFrameThreshold
    The value for this key should be the framerate at which you desire Temporal AA to activate and deactivate (i.e. 60). Setting this value to 0 will leave Temporal AA enabled at all times.

TemporalAAFrameEnableCount
    The value for this key is for how many frames the TemporalAAFrameThreshold must be maintained for Temporal AA to be enabled.

TemporalAAFrameDisableCount
    The value for this key is for how many frames the TemporalAAFrameThreshold must not be maintained for Temporal AA to be disabled.

eg: With following settings FrameThreshold=40, EnableCount=10, DisableCount=5, Temporal AA will be enabled after 10 sequential frames maintaining 40fps and will be disabled after 5 sequantial frames falling below 40fps.
    Taken from:

http://www.elitebastards.com/forum/viewtop...45a04666d122e45

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.cooltechzone.com/images/reviews/video_cards/ati_002.PNG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

it runs on the older 4x agp...

if this is real, and it outperforms nvidia's card, then they have a new fan :-)

rofl

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by atiVidia@1 May 2004 - 20:40
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.cooltechzone.com/images/reviews/video_cards/ati_002.PNG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

it runs on the older 4x agp...

if this is real, and it outperforms nvidia's card, then they have a new fan :-)

rofl
    I will never be a fan(boy). You know why? I will just buy whatever is the better each product cycle; because I can and because I love to have the newest, fastest stuff. Sound a little wacko? Well I think that it makes sense because I really don't spend money on pretty much anything else than my tech hobby.

If Nvidia is the performance leader at the same time as the IMAGE QUALITY leader, then I will buy their product. If ATi is the leader in these fields, I will jump on their bandwagon until their roles are reversed. Do you understand what I am saying?

We have an excellent journalistic community reviewing computer hardware. And you can say that the tech gamers are the ones that are really pushing these technologies forward. I know this sounds a little strange, but if Anand says it's good, if [H]ardOCP says it's good, and if Tom's Hardware says it's good, (at the same time in unison) then I will buy it. I trust Anand. He is an excellent journalist. Why is he an excellent journalist? Because he is not corruptable. He says what is the best and explains WHY. Same with Kyle from [H]ardOCP. Sometimes Tom's Hardware too. But to be honest with you, Tom's Hardware I respect the least out of the three. Because they don't talk "matter of fact." They just declare stuff without explaining what is going on behind the scenes.

See ya!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by 4th gen+1 May 2004 - 13:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 1 May 2004 - 13:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mr. nails@1 May 2004 - 18:38
    they list all of that and where the mhz at?&nbsp; i want to know how fast it&#39;s gonna be clocked at&#33;

You say that as though clock speeds are the be-all and end-all of graphics cards [/b][/quote]
    well, if the clock speed isn&#39;t much different than lets say, the 9800 pro, then why bother. do u know nothing? is ok...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by mr. nails@2 May 2004 - 07:23
    well, if the clock speed isn&#39;t much different than lets say, the 9800 pro, then why bother. do u know nothing? is ok...
    Erm...pardon me? Obviously you&#39;ve never heard of architecture in relation to graphics card design.

My 9600 Pro runs much faster clocks than the 9800 Pro, but it&#39;s not as powerful. Can you explain to me why that is?

On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast