Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Says We Are Paranoid?

Spyware is absolutely everywhere

By INQUIRER staff

AN AVERAGE of 28 spyware programs run on each computer and more than 30 per cent of PC’s have a Trojan Horse to call their own.
    A report from EarthLink and Webroot Software bases its findings on scans of more than a million internet connected computers.

Most of the 29 million spyware programs that were found were harmless "adware" programs but there were more than 300,000 instances of programs capable of stealing personal information or providing unauthorized access to computers.

Of course the information would be even more credible if EarthLink didn’t sell a program called Spyware Blocker as part of its TotalAccess package of software programs and tools.

SOURCE

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    True, it is EVEYWHERE. I even found some, hiding under my chair
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Just remember that over the years we are getting more and more people that don&#39;t really know how to use a computer using computer. People blindly trust their computer and quite frankly shouldn&#39;t be allowed to use computers.

A good qoute from maddox

Computers ARE NOT MEANT TO BE FRIENDLY. They&#39;re meant to be complex and intimidating. If you can&#39;t figure it out, you fail. You&#39;re off the team.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    atm ive got 4 trogans on my comp

2 lazy 2 remove em though

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I just performed a total system deep scan for Trojans.

Found Brad Pitt lurking under my southbridge.

Pissed me off.

Why couldn&#39;t it have Jennifer Anniston?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I found this in my comp.:

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    UcanRock2's Avatar Phantom Gander
    Originally posted by supersonic@2 May 2004 - 12:58
    I found this in my comp.:

What program did u use to remove it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    just yesterday I was working on a machine that was INFESTED with spyware. Ran both spybot and adware and both found tons of it. Shit, there was even a searchbar on the desktop...which was the first I&#39;ve seen.

Had to go into safe mode to get rid of this file that wouldn&#39;t stop reappearing in startup and the process couldn&#39;t be killed. grrr

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    You can ne3ver remove some kinds of spyware that are undetectable at moment, so a clean install after a reformate is good.
    @UcanRock2
    u can&#39;t really MOVE these things really, so they stay in ur comp.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Sp-Am
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@1 May 2004 - 20:08
    Just remember that over the years we are getting more and more people that don&#39;t really know how to use a computer using computer. People blindly trust their computer and quite frankly shouldn&#39;t be allowed to use computers.

A good qoute from maddox

Computers ARE NOT MEANT TO BE FRIENDLY. They&#39;re meant to be complex and intimidating. If you can&#39;t figure it out, you fail. You&#39;re off the team.
    That&#39;s a good quote.

I know people who go, "Wow GTA3, and it&#39;s only 20KB, must be some super compression".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast