Thread: My Flow Rate Is Very Poor...

Hi,

i have a 2 Mb access.

1) i oberve :

-I have a lot of upload about 1-3 kb!!

-Some times i have a 10-15 kb upload.

-Same speed rate with the download.

2) With an other people who is 50 kms away from my town, we have done an experience, He have a 512kb access. (with kazaa lite)

At the same time, we have done a research about a n audio file : he obtain a "143" user, and me a "47" ? ! strange

we download the file and my maximum flow rate was 3,5 kb !! and he : 38 kb !!

I don't understand the logic!!!

Does somebody has the explication for :

my poor flow rate ?
    the diffrence with my friend?

in french we say for that "prise de tête"

thanks from Paris

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps , and if you have a router you need to get kanat.

do a test:

please do a test,search for van halen?s ?right now? and wait untill you get 30 or more sources and then pick for download and tell me what you get make sure your traffic is paused or clean

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Hi Musleman,

i tried with Van halen.... i focused on 3 files from "1984", i downloaded at the same time. depending on the users i obtained more or less : 23-25 kb, 12-15 kb and 4-5 for the last.

what's your opinion.

ps : i configured a port forwarding on my router (linksys WRT54G), in fact with or not the port forwarding, i don't see the difference.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    lol first off read my post i asked for the song "right now".

once you forward your port you need to run kanat