Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I Got Caught !

Poster
    ive seen at east 3 ppl get caught for dling the rundown

oh and a tip (not exactly a tip, common sense) but if you must dl off supr, try lookng at the submitter, "anonymous" isnt good, or some nick wiht anti-riaa shit prolly isnt good either,this may not help, but better safe than sorry

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    PROTOWALL AND PG DONT WORK! ESPECIALLY FOR BIT TORRENT...THEY CAN GET YOUR IP REGARDLESS EVEN IF YOUR IP IS STATIC OR DYNAMIC...IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHO IS YOUR ISP...COMCAST IS AMONG THE WORST IN THE USA...THEY ARE PARTNERED WITH A WELL KNOWN MOVIE STUDIO SO THEY HAVE A AGENDA AND ITS YOU!
    I don't get this part. Protowall/PG don't work, exspecially for BitTorrent?? How is BitTorrent any different to anything else? Its not gonna effect what IPs are in the blocklist? Are you refering to the ISP activly scanning their users using common BT ports? I agree that it wouldn't protect you then but I don't know if this is what you are saying. Not arguing just trying to enlighten myself incase there is something I don't know.

Also, from when you get caught doin somethin bad, how long is it usually till you get a letter or email? I presume it would have to be reasonably quick so you records are still there? Hopefully I will never find out directly.

Anyone tell me whether I should import the IP list into my ZoneAlarm too? I already have it in Protowall and didn't think I needed it in ZA as well. In fact I thought that if both had the list they might fight over each other and miss some packets. Any thoughts? And those using blocklist manager, do you include the EDU list?

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    You could always use a proxy service. Look in my sig.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    isps scan ur ports to c what progs ur using. basically illegally hacking into ur comp. i block all comcast connections to my pc. my router nat blocks almost everything before they even reach my comp

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    i use amongst other protective software a program called 'complete anonymous web surfing' which i got from overnet. it uses a proxy server and you can turn it off and on when you want, it also finds the fastest proxy for you, not bad hey!

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    @the mask: proxies dont help in his case. the signal bounces from the comp to the ISP to the proxy. thus if his ISP is tracing him the proxy doesnt help him

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Poster
    i think i should start usin the ZA firewall also cause my isp is comcast also! i have PG built into azureus and PG itself but i think it need ZA aswell (ill request on ft B)). once i get ZA should i imoprt the PG ranges also or no??

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster
    Your ISP doesn't need to look inside your pc. Unless you are on a direct (unswitched) line they can observe your traffic at any point in that part of the network to which they have access and see what you are doing. It's called traffic monitoring and all Telecom Cos have done it big time since computers made it easy.

They say its so they know how much capacity to provide so the network can meet the customers demands.

Even if they are not looking at you specifically you are likely to show up if the data uploads and downloads you are incurring are abnormally high.

From that point it is relatively easy for them to check out where your data is going to/coming from and just as easy for them to sample it to see if it's legal.

Your greatest protection is the size of the P2P comunity. If they went after everybody the queues outside the courtrooms would stretch into the next country.

They want to sample your pc activity so they can sell-on the info to people in the advertising and marketing world.

I've been there, I've seen it and I've even done it.

Big Brother is alive and well and has access to a telephone exchange near you.
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Read the threads regarding anonx. Your isp cannot see where you get your stuff from or what it is because of encryption and such.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Poster
    Never heard of decryption.

Get real.
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast