Thread: My Ip And My Isp's Proxy Server Info.

kind fellow members of the board please help me!

i use winxp and typing at the command prompt "ipconfig /all" gave me with this ip address for e.g 10.11.150.188

but finding out my ip off this website http://www.myipaddress.com gave my a different value like 202.152.162.222

my ISP however provided me with these details about its proxy server info and it is 202.152.162.250 with the port value as 9201

my question is which IP should i place into klite's firewall settings?
    If i were to use a proxy server program manager like multiproxy (http://www.multiproxy.org) will it help me get klite connected? because i've been trying to see the "connected" sign appear and never have been successful

BTW I can get ICQ, Yahoo messenger working right without adding proxy details into them. my sneaking suspicion is that my isp is placing a ban on the file trading networks! but how do i beat them without paying proxy tunneling fees that some companies give?

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP
    :helpsmile: get the picture :helpsmile: i'm desperate

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Old Fella
    Have you tried turning off the XP firewall? Wouldn'y go playing with proxies unless you have to, and you shouldn't ahve to. Are you behind a router?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    hello, no firewall software of any kind is used. Yes i think i am behind a router because i have to enter set the modem's proxy to Enabled... And this may be strange to you, i'm not sure, but i was told by the ISP's technical support guy to leave the fields of its proxy and port setting fields be remained blank.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by MiBman@3 May 2004 - 08:04

but finding out my ip off this website http://www.myipaddress.com gave my a different value like 202.152.162.222

my ISP however provided me with these details about its proxy server info and it is 202.152.162.250 with the port value as 9201
    I think I can help you. What kind of proxy server is it? HTTP, Socks 4/5?.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    hi Ariel, i dont know what type of proxy it is but i will ask the tech support people.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    the ip address you want to place in the k-lite firewall is the ip address of the proxy server you are going to use. The best place to go for proxy help is HERE , you can find list of proxys to use and plenty of help too.

If your using a router then you should be using kaNAT, get help setting up your kaNAT HERE

You might also wanna get yourself some firewall protection since you have none, at the very least go and get protowall at BLUETACK alnog with the blocklist manager at the same place, you really shouldn't go out without them.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by tensegg@4 May 2004 - 20:36
    the ip address you want to place in the k-lite firewall is the ip address of the proxy server you are going to use. The best place to go for proxy help is HERE , you can find list of proxys to use and plenty of help too.

If your using a router then you should be using kaNAT, get help setting up your kaNAT HERE

You might also wanna get yourself some firewall protection since you have none, at the very least go and get protowall at BLUETACK alnog with the blocklist manager at the same place, you really shouldn't go out without them.
    nice two thumbs up boss

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Do you have it setup like this in your web browser?

Then it is a HTTP proxy server.

Try Socks2HTTP to use Kazaa Lite, Overnet Lite, etc on P2P program that are SOCKS 5 only. B)

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    gday everyone thanks for the helpful replies but i think it's time for me to let you in on a little secret. U see here in Ind0nesi@ landline internet connection is so damn expensive and poor in quality...ironically its gprs is so damn f&^ing cheap, so cheap like you wouldn't believe (try under 3US dollar for unlimited traffic use (700megs for 2/3 of a months use, with no kazaalite connection yet&#33). Using the infrared port to connect my pc with a nokia cellphone, this is what i use to connect online... On the phone, under its gprs/wap/connection settings where you need to put in its proxy as well as ports values into it...So I guess my cellphone becomes the router? Or is it still functioning as a modem? But why then its giving me different ip values, the value i got when i check it online (www.ipaddress.com) and from where i got from the config/all command?

And to answer Ariels question above whether i need to put in proxy values into the web browser's settings , no i don't have to. I don't even have to for ICQ and Yahoo messenger either.

Muscleman, i have used many and tested proxy addresses into kazaa lite and tried the, supposedly, highly anonymous ones too. Didn't work
    I'm going to give kaNAT a go...fingers crossed. Oh and about the firewall, thanks for the advice especially with the badass demon Sasser on the loose. Yowser!

Just installed Hopster. I can connect but it is EXTREMELY slow and is giving me choppy connections (get kicked in and out again, also unless i download audio in one go mp3 downloads mysteriously keeps on reseting itself back to zero over and over). And since gprs is slow already (33.3kbps) i must make full use of all the available speed i get! Hopster promises a connection of 19.2kpbs for its free version but in reality it isn't true, only 8kpbs for me...

and why didn't socks2http work? They just give poorer connection to free versions? Haven't been successful in finding a good proxy of my own?

help, and happy downloading to you all