Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Idea For The Board?

Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by Rip The Jacker@4 May 2004 - 03:58
    Feedback? Here you are...

I don't like the idea. You want to sack the entire mod team because some members are dissatisfied with them? The mods here, just like you, are only human. No matter who the mod is, mistakes will be made, decisions that people won't like will be made. If we were to fire every mod that made a mistake, or a decision people don't like, where would we be? There wouldn't be any mods left. Bad idea.

There, honest feedback.
    you would say that though because then you would be just like the rest of us
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Just out of curiosity, when did we give up our rights as members? Moderators are members here too, first and foremost Azzz. We were asked to do a job on this forum, which we accepted. Most of that job involves moving posts around, deleting double posts, and generally keeping an eye on things. Most of the time, I do it gladly. I'm gutted when I have to take action against someone, even if it is just sending them a PM, as I don't like to reprimand anyone. I don't want to be seen as an authoritarian. I just want to see everyone, for lack of a better term, "play nice". When they can't, something needs to be said. For that I should be sacked?

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Originally posted by NikkiD@4 May 2004 - 15:22
    Just out of curiosity, when did we give up our rights as members? Moderators are members here too, first and foremost Azzz. We were asked to do a job on this forum, which we accepted. Most of that job involves moving posts around, deleting double posts, and generally keeping an eye on things. Most of the time, I do it gladly. I'm gutted when I have to take action against someone, even if it is just sending them a PM, as I don't like to reprimand anyone. I don't want to be seen as an authoritarian. I just want to see everyone, for lack of a better term, "play nice". When they can't, something needs to be said. For that I should be sacked?
    i just thought a new MOD team will freshen up the forum, new faces...etc

so if you still have a right as a member then you wouldnt mind handing over your MOD place

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the mod team that's currently in place. It's just as RTJ said, if everytime someone on the team made a mistake, we got rid of them, there would never be any mods left, because someone on this forum will see every action we take as a mistake. There's always someone out there who will bitch, no matter what the decision or how we make it.

Someone else wants my stars? They're welcome to them. I'm sick of this shit.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by NikkiD@4 May 2004 - 16:45
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the mod team that's currently in place. It's just as RTJ said, if everytime someone on the team made a mistake, we got rid of them, there would never be any mods left, because someone on this forum will see every action we take as a mistake. There's always someone out there who will bitch, no matter what the decision or how we make it.

Someone else wants my stars? They're welcome to them. I'm sick of this shit.
    Oh no Nikki, you keep them, you're work here is well appreciated...

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Whoa whoa whoa, no ones being sacked or resigning

The mod team is fine, there is a good mix of level heads, heated head etc, the team is just fine, maybe could do with adding me to it then I'll kick all your asses

I think what people fail to remember is the mods are human like the rest of us, their actions are based largley on intuition and their own judgement. what one mod does in a certain situation is not necessarily what another would do, but it's not possible for them to be right the whole time, they are here for the good of the board and they do it FREE!!!, they want nothing back cept maybe a little apreciation sometimes

Come on guys, we have a good mod team here, ok so some descisions we don't all agree with but what do you do when someone posts a really nasty pic or a flamebait thread etc? You contact a mod, then they sort it and you think their wonderful, just try to remember that when you slag them down

Also remember these guys are humans with feelings, no one here is just text on a screen, if we were there would be no allies and enemies, no arguing, no jokes, no laughter, it would just basically be a lifeless site of text.
    The emoticons are there to express emotions, therefore the ARE emotions

Please try to remember this

And no I'm not sucking up or posting this cos of Nikki, I respect the mods for who they are and what they do

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    Normally people are offered MOD positions because they have made considerable contributions to the forum, as in time spent as a member, worth while posts, help & advice and a general good personality that does show through with peoples posts.

After a couple post's its normally easy to tell between the mature and the immature.

The current mods have obviously earned there positions and why should they give them up ?

Besides the privilege of the title its not an amazing job they have to make hard decisions, spend a hell of a lot of time on the board which hasn't been so fun lately and move/delete posts WOW.

A complete replacement of the moderation team on any forum is a stupid idea.

If someone is to have their position taken from them, then start offering alternative's and why the current mod is no better than your nominations. And I suppose you'll be nominating yourself ??

This was the intention behind your post right ! ?

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    nah, i wouldnt dare be a MOD.

not every topic is for personal gain you know

even if i wanted to become a MOD i couldnt because of the amount of arguin and spammin ive done

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by Azzz@4 May 2004 - 18:19
    nah, i wouldnt dare be a MOD.

not every topic is for personal gain you know

even if i wanted to become a MOD i couldnt because of the amount of arguin and spammin ive done
    I nominate Cheese and Spider_dude as Admin, and manny roscoe, ziggyjaurez, bujub, atividia and Internet News as mods

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I think I should be a mod, I'm calm, collected, clever, good looking, friendly and always right

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast