Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Computer Start Up Prob

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Mïcrösöül°V³@3 May 2004 - 19:00
    i think you have a start up program throwing a bitch fit on boot. does it start up normally in safe mode?
    couldn't be a prob cuz it worked this morning.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    is this a prob with the monitor? it is 5 years old btw, and it has other issues too, like when i set the resolution to 1024x 700 something at 60hz, the screen goes crazy and compresses. i can't expand it. but if i set it to 70hz, it sometimes works. so u guys think this is a monitor's problem?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@3 May 2004 - 20:12
    is this a prob with the monitor? it is 5 years old btw, and it has other issues too, like when i set the resolution to 1024x 700 something at 60hz, the screen goes crazy and compresses. i can't expand it. but if i set it to 70hz, it sometimes works. so u guys think this is a monitor's problem?
    i thought u said it works fine now could be a monitor problem...although that shrinking of teh screen is usually normal, my monitor does that at 72hz i beleive, using 1024*768, all other resolutions are fine at all hz...except the one.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+3 May 2004 - 20:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 3 May 2004 - 20:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@3 May 2004 - 20:12
    is this a prob with the monitor? it is 5 years old btw, and it has other issues too, like when i set the resolution to 1024x 700 something at 60hz, the screen goes crazy and compresses. i can&#39;t expand it. but if i set it to 70hz, it sometimes works. so u guys think this is a monitor&#39;s problem?
    i thought u said it works fine now could be a monitor problem...although that shrinking of teh screen is usually normal, my monitor does that at 72hz i beleive, using 1024*768, all other resolutions are fine at all hz...except the one. [/b][/quote]
    that&#39;s normal? y?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+3 May 2004 - 20:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 3 May 2004 - 20:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@3 May 2004 - 20:17
    <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power
    @3 May 2004 - 20:12
    is this a prob with the monitor? it is 5 years old btw, and it has other issues too, like when i set the resolution to 1024x 700 something at 60hz, the screen goes crazy and compresses. i can&#39;t expand it. but if i set it to 70hz, it sometimes works. so u guys think this is a monitor&#39;s problem?

i thought u said it works fine now could be a monitor problem...although that shrinking of teh screen is usually normal, my monitor does that at 72hz i beleive, using 1024*768, all other resolutions are fine at all hz...except the one.
    that&#39;s normal? y? [/b][/quote]
    I dont mean normal, just that it&#39;s there in a lot of monitors. there is always gotta be some refresh rate that the monitor doesnt support. mine just happens to be 72hz or maybe it is messed.......

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    wat should i do bout this black thing? cuz clearly the computer is working fine. i can even go into windows and press start -> u -> u to shutdown. so the pc is working fine. or else, no commands would work. i also tried start -> run -> shutdown.exe, and that worked too without the monitor on

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@3 May 2004 - 21:05
    wat should i do bout this black thing? cuz clearly the computer is working fine. i can even go into windows and press start -> u -> u to shutdown. so the pc is working fine. or else, no commands would work. i also tried start -> run -> shutdown.exe, and that worked too without the monitor on
    have u tried any of my suggestions yet?

take off the oc, update&#092;reinstall video drivers...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    try another monitor to narrow it down. borrow a friends monitor
    or your vid card is dying..........

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    lynx's Avatar .
    Could be overcurrent protection cutting in on your graphics card, which gives you a blank screen. Often a sign that it is overclocked too much, or that the card is about to fail.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    if it&#39;s a failing graphx card, would it still show the asus boot screen with the head, and then it shows post and the windows xp boot screen. those all show up fine on the screen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast