Thread: Tips And Tricks For K-lite Users... 2

isamma's Avatar THE OLDEST USER
    Tips for searching a rare file in k-lite:

1-type the name for the file you wish to search for very carefully

2-do search without asm checked

3- See the results , if you are finished then download the file... if not then

4-do another 2-5 search more (no asm yet) then...

5- Try using jump super node and do search for the file 2-5 more times (try this for no more than 10 times)

6-if you find something with low users then use kazupernodez to fined super node for the file

7- Connect to the super node of the file then do asm for as long as you want B)

8- Try doing asm in different times of the day

9- If no results were found then do all the above steps in different time say after 2 hours

10- Do not .. Do not.. Attempt to find new released files unless you are sure that they are on the internet

11- Do not attempt to use advanced search unless you are totaly sure about what you are doing (meaning size, type....) B)

<span style='color:purple'><span style='color:green'>How to fix corrupted movie dat file?

<span style='color:red'>I will meanly give information about (avi files , and mpeg files) ..

1-finished corrupted file
    A- avi files

1- you need the original dat file for the unfinished avi file
    2- use DivFix.exe to find corrupted parts of the file” see the generated log file for detailed data about corrupted parts “
    3- use VirtualDubMod to find the exact size of the file at a certain seen or frame an convert the size from MB to Bytes by multiplying with (1024X1024)
    4- use KCFv1.0b.exe to generate gaps in the dat file where the corrupted data located
    5- Then press fix then a generated dat file will be created .. move the file to my shared folder
    6- open k-lite then go to traffic to see the progress of the file

B- mpeg file

1- use avipreview to fine the corrupted part since the last second
    Avipreview displays is the first second in the corrupted part .
    You may use VirtualDubMod to find corrupted parts by

2- after finding the corrupted parts use the above mentioned method for
    The next steps

2- Unfinished corrupted dat file
    A-damaged file after electrical shortage ( the file will be deleted by kazaa. After starting kazaa)
    1- you will need to be careful to not start kazaa after such incident and you will be needing the original dat file (non corrupted dat file of the same file)
    2- First we will fix the corrupted header of the file then after finishing the download we may fix other parts of the file as in the methods mentioned above so we will need a program to make the file size as if it was finished which is KPadder.exe .. go to kdat.exe to see the finished file size of the dat file (use the uncorrupted dat file to collect the information) then use the kpader to set the size for the corrupted dat file to be the same as the finished file
    3- use KCFv1.0b.exe and VirtualDubMod to generate two gaps (the first before the corrupted header till the end of the file but not to the last byte and the second between the last byte before the final byte and the final byte ) in order to download all the messing data
    4- after finishing the file you can fix other parts if needed

B- damaged file but with a good header and some corrupted parts

You will need to close kazaa before using this method and you don’t need
    The unfinished dat file

1- use avipreview to see the last second that can be viewed with the program
    The use VirtualDubMod to see where the exact position for corruption is

2- then use dat_view to generate a gap in the dat file where the corruption is found (be extra careful in finding and generating gaps since it is not 100% sure method to generate the gap as you in the correct place as you need)
    3- run kazaa again to fill the gaps with the correct data

You can fined (KPadder.exe ,Dat_view, and KCFv1.0b.exe) in my site
    DivFix.exe
    VirtualDubMod

</span>
    How to increase number of sources for a certain download

1- Go to kdat or dat_view and see the number of sources for your download…
    If the number of sources is set to 30 then you have the maximum for k-lite 2.6
    If not then you can increase the number of sources …

2- In kdat.exe you can manage sources .. (kazaa should be closed)…go to delete
    Sources then remove not stored and zero kb sources and restart kazaa again

You can increase number of sources manually using kdat.exe or by

A- searching for the same file in p2p search
    B- finding more resources for download manually(right click)
    C- accelerator
    D- jumping supernods to find other sources from different nods using kazupernodz or manual jump
    E- try to find the supernod that correspond to the file you download in order to get the most of the supernod
    B)

</span></span>
    THE BEST WAY TO LIVE IS TO LIVE FREE
    *** FREE PALESTINE ***
    http://www.alhares.org/

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Filliz's Avatar ______________

3- See the results , if you are finished then download the file... if not then

4-do another 2-5 search more (no asm yet) then...
    My advice: keep searching for sources &#39;till you can&#39;t find no more.
    That means you&#39;ll probably have to hit the searchbutton more then 5 times.
    And there&#39;s nothing wrong with having ASM checked B)

10- Do not .. Do not.. Attempt to find new released files unless you are sure that they are on the internet

11- Do not attempt to use advanced search unless you are totaly sure about what you are doing (meaning size, type....)
    :helpsmile: You&#39;re making it sound like my computer could explode or something like that if i mistype the filesize.
    Trust me...nothing can go wrong there...

But never mind me...it&#39;s good to see you took some time and effort for these Tips & Tricks
    Although i think there&#39;s already a pinned topic with all kinds of Tips & Tricks...

hmm...asspie

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by Filliz@4 May 2004 - 01:05
    :helpsmile: You&#39;re making it sound like my computer could explode or something like that if i mistype the filesize.

umm yes...you wont get a search result unless you have them all correct

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Originally posted by GHOST 1337+4 May 2004 - 01:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GHOST 1337 @ 4 May 2004 - 01:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Filliz@4 May 2004 - 01:05

umm yes...you wont get a search result unless you have them all correct [/b][/quote]
    mkay...but he makes it sound so dramatic : :helpsmile:

Would be better if it said something like this: "If you ever feel the need to use the advanced search,make sure you got the filesize,etc....correct otherwise you won&#39;t have any searchresults"

Just my 2cents

hmm...asspie

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    muchspl2
    1. hit the windows key & E at the same time
    2. navagate to the kazaa or kazaa lite folder
    3. look for the kazaa un-instler & run it
    4. download emule
    5. ???
    6. profit

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by muchspl2@4 May 2004 - 01:44