Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Comp Won't Start

Poster
    Originally posted by zapjb@4 May 2004 - 02:57
    Which fan? The CPU, PSU, Case or house fan?
    damn stop being so stupid the cpu fan what other fan cant it be that has to do with computers?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Yeah right I'm the stupid one here. Do you read what you post?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by zapjb@4 May 2004 - 04:02
    Yeah right I'm the stupid one here. Do you read what you post?
    ya

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    H121589 belive it or not we like helping people. But your post was funny Bud

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@3 May 2004 - 17:31
    hmm the power supply is probably shot. try opening up the computer and do these things:

1. Make sure the power button lead is plugged into the motherboard correctly. Jiggle it around a little. Then try turning on again. If no go...

2. Make sure the atx power connector (plug from power supply to teh motherboard) is plugged in securely. Test again.

3. Unplug all hardware from teh computer, leaving just the motherboard, cpu, vid card, ram and see if its starts...

4. Try resetting the cmos. to do this u have to locate a cmos jumper, switch the pins that it overs (there are three, it will probably cover 1 and 2, make it cover 2 and 3) for a few secoonds then put back. test again.

5. try using a different power supply, one that you know works for sure.

if none of these work, then you have either got a faulty motherboard, or the power switch is broken.
    This is what you gotta do.

Start with the cmos... should be alittle connector near a lithium battery (the circular one on the bottom right). Move it from pins 1-2 to 2-3 for a few seconds then back.

Dont respond until after you do this.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by peat moss@4 May 2004 - 04:14
    H121589 belive it or not we like helping people. But your post was funny Bud
    ok

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by h121589+4 May 2004 - 04:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (h121589 &#064; 4 May 2004 - 04:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-zapjb@4 May 2004 - 02:57
    Which fan? The CPU, PSU, Case or house fan?
    damn stop being so stupid the cpu fan what other fan cant it be that has to do with computers? [/b][/quote]
    well...theres case fan, the psu fan, the vid card fan.

and you are calling these people stupid?
    and yes i meant the cpu case button
    there is no such thing as a cpu case button. its your computer power on button

but if you dont know how to do half the things rossco says, i suggest you leave your friend&#39;s computer alone

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@5 May 2004 - 17:00
    if you dont know how to do half the things rossco says, i suggest you leave your friend&#39;s computer alone
    If you&#39;ve never before opened the case of your computer up, then I&#39;d agree with the above sentiment, maybe try changing the fuse in the plug of the power cord, or try switching the case power cord with another one (eg the one for your monitor).

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Just send the damn thing to me, cover shipping, and ill have it working in an hour. Then ill send it back to you. Free of charge.

EDIT: And I thought I told you not to respond til you did those things
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@4 May 2004 - 02:39
    hmm the power supply is probably shot. try opening up the computer and do these things:

1. Make sure the power button lead is plugged into the motherboard correctly. Jiggle it around a little. Then try turning on again. If no go...

2. Make sure the atx power connector (plug from power supply to teh motherboard) is plugged in securely. Test again.

3. Unplug all hardware from teh computer, leaving just the motherboard, cpu, vid card, ram and see if its starts...

4. Try resetting the cmos. to do this u have to locate a cmos jumper, switch the pins that it overs (there are three, it will probably cover 1 and 2, make it cover 2 and 3) for a few secoonds then put back. test again.

5. try using a different power supply, one that you know works for sure.

if none of these work, then you have either got a faulty motherboard, or the power switch is broken.
    If none of them work? I&#39;d suggest just doing your #5, since that would leave you just as close to the answer as doing all of them.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast