Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions

Keikan's Avatar ........
    Ok my friend is a computer... well lets just say he's a really clueless n00b.

He managed to fuck up his crappy Hp celeron shit.

He says: "when ever i start up there's this message telling me to save me work because windows will shut down in 30 sec"

"when ever i start up i get a message 'vb runtime' (something to do about norton can't start)"

"it's all slow now"

So a person like me thinks 'well all is screwed up why not reformat'

Problem? "Ahh everything of yours is illegal..." etc.

So i'm thinking hey I know how to install windows xp legit, he has a windows sticker on the side of his pc telling you the cd key, so i'm thinking i'll get a copy of win xp home (where do i get that?)

Other weird things he says: "but you can only install office xp a certain number of times from the cd..." wtf.....

as you can tell me friend is a n00b and I have been n00batized.

So the main point of this post is, where do i get a copy of windows xp home that works? and do i need to activate it again if i install it with that cd key, andwhat would i say to microsoft?

his specs? http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...pc&vi=tech-data
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    hmm, well the first thing , it sounds like your freind has the blaster worm and needs to get a removal tool from norton or the like to kill it

second if your freind has authenticated the serial number, then you cant use that serial , but you can use the xp cd , you just need to search google for an alt serial
    and dont authenticate it , eg dont allow it to connect for activation

xp office has the same authentication process, same as above

download the xp 8 in 1 file as it works great and has all xp versions on it

just google for one of 6 million serials available

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    he said before he had a warning from norton saying that he had a welchia virus but then when i told him to use the removal tool it said virus not found

he didn't auth it xp was pre loaded on his pc

remember everthingy has to be "legit"

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    When it starts up, have him ctrl-alt-del, then end one these processes Msblast.exe, Nstask32.exe, Penis32.exe, Teekids.exe, Winlogin.exe. Could be something else that you dont recognize, but start with these and then go down the list.

Im not sure if this will work but you can try it, Run > Start > msconfig > Startup > Click Disable All

Im almost certain that is the blaster worm. You can find more info at MS' website.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Keikan@4 May 2004 - 06:45
    he said before he had a warning from norton saying that he had a welchia virus but then when i told him to use the removal tool it said virus not found

he didn't auth it xp was pre loaded on his pc

remember everthingy has to be "legit"
    the suggestion on xp and office where for you not him

and its w32.blster , not welchia he has i believe

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    you know the virus he has sound like he as the lastest sasser virus because it all adds up to it. How should i get rid of this thing with out reformatting

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    1) AVERT Stinger for virus removal
    2) Screw Norton and get a real ant-virus. AVG or NOD32 should be among the top choices.

Much more can be done, but those should be your priotities. BTW, if a format is gonna be done, the 8 in 1 disk is great. It'll have Home, if that's what you want to give your friend. If you can't install with the key on the sticker, just use the included key and change it later before registering.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    hey pathetic he really has the sasser worm good thing i told him to get rid of the reg key, now we can work to get rid of it

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Go here. This is a link to MS&#39;s website that has an online sasser tester (say that 10 times fast&#33; ).
    Directly under "Test my pc for infection&#39; is the download link for the tool. It&#39;ll pop you automaticall if your buds pc tests positive for the &#39;ITD&#39; or Internet Transmitted Disease. He needs a &#39;net rubber-AVG, Avast, or NOD32 along with adaware and spybot.

Good luck.
    Later taters
    BoNe

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    i got rid of the virus now his internet explorer won&#39;t start

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast