Thread: Rockstar Bows 2 Political Pressure

Poster
    Rockstar is believed to have bowed to political pressure in the United States and agreed to remove any reference to Haitian gangs from future copies of Vice City.

There was concern amongst Haitian-American groups and prominent politicians that instructing players to kill Haitian crime lords in the game would lead to real-life hatred or violence toward America's Haitians.

The news has sparked a frenzy on eBay with fans of the game eager to snap up existing copies of the 'uncut' game for PC, Xbox and PS2 before the new game is released.

Kindly taken from vice-city.com. So if u have uncut versions of the game, hug it tight and be glad that u didnt give it away to ur girlfriend/neighbour/used games salesman
    The most addicktive music in the world is...William hung's!! Nah jk he can just suck my hotdog.

2. Games   -   #2
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Nice one - My release-day copy of Vice City will be increasing with value over time now

3. Games   -   #3
    Not for too long, as anticipation for SA gets higher. If your gonna sell it, do it soon.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Games   -   #4
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@4 May 2004 - 09:59
    Not for too long, as anticipation for SA gets higher. If your gonna sell it, do it soon.
    I'm not on about selling it now - I'm on about selling it in a few years when it's gotten a bit more long-status on this news.

The uncensored version of the game has the potential to become a collector's item In the meantime, I think I'll start playing it again

5. Games   -   #5
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I look forward to the day they release a version of GTA without any guns in it because of fears of promoting violence. In fact they'll probably take the cars out as well because they aren't environmentaly friendly.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Damn, that sucks...

So, I guess it's still okay to kill Cubans, then, huh?

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    This is stupid, you get to kill all sorts of people in GTA why should the Haitians be any different?

8. Games   -   #8
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd@4 May 2004 - 10:27
    Damn, that sucks...

So, I guess it's still okay to kill Cubans, then, huh?
    yes, because you don't have Cuban-Americans

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    they shud kill afghans and iran's instead....

i am sure that "wouldn't" cause any controversy

10. Games   -   #10
    I played this game all the time... still doesnt make me wanna go out and kill some Haitians. Dont need some fukin gang comin after me or nothing.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.