Thread: Please Help Me

i dont know much about kazaa, i just got a new computer with 111GB disk space, a dsl modem that says nortel networks, 1 meg modem, and i know this gets asked a lot, but my kazaa lite 2.4.3 is too slow, how do i download from users who actually share and are fast? can someone give me a list of good supernodes or (and how do i use them)?something, please!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    are you limiting your upload bandwidth to ~80% max?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by SamsonC@5 May 2004 - 04:55
    i dont know much about kazaa, i just got a new computer with 111GB disk space, a dsl modem that says nortel networks, 1 meg modem, and i know this gets asked a lot, but my kazaa lite 2.4.3 is too slow, how do i download from users who actually share and are fast? can someone give me a list of good supernodes or (and how do i use them)?something, please!
    Here you can get a list of good supernodes for your local area.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    KL243 aint slow. I've got 1meg adsl and can hit 100Ks+ if there are enough file sources with high enough speeds.

Six points to note:-

1 As Vargas points out your upload speed can affect your download speed. If your dsl is 256K upload then on kazaa it will only work at around 12.5% of this (256/8=32) so set your upload speed to 256k. (Note there are 8 little ks in a big K&#33.

2 Only download one file at a time. There is an overhead for every discrete download so multiple downloads will not add up to the same as you get with a single download.

3 You can only go as fast as the other people can send so look for the most sources with the highest bandwidths and set your max sources to 20.

4 Using any other on-line software whilst downloading will also reduce your speed, especially any other P2P client (eg bittorrent, Emule etc).

5 Keep searching to renew your sources.

6 Check the number of sources recorded in Kdat. I think there is an upper limit of 150. If you reach this limit delete all "not Known" sources to free up space. (note you need to close K-lite and access Kdat via Start>programs" to do this.

When you've been through the above and you still have awful speeds you can try hopping supernodes but in my experience the only thing this will accomplish is keeping you occupied while sources come and go and your speed goes up and down- a better alternative is a good book and a cup of cocoa!

One final point - does your ISP have a low download limit (say 20gig/month)? If so you're stiffed from the start!!
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK