Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ram Issue

I got a DDR 512 MB ram today ever since I have upgraded it from my 256 MB DDR ..Colin Macrae 3 either shuts down.. or hard boots my sys.. could it be a problem with the ram (if yes thn what cld be the issue) or is it just a coincedence and I should try to reinstall colin macrae

My sys is :

Product name Intel® Desktop Board D845GVAD2 based system
    Board model Genuine Intel® D845GVAD2 system board
    OS version Windows* XP version 5.1 Service Pack 1 build 2600
    OS memory 522,032 KB RAM

Processor
    Processor Genuine Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor
    Processor speed 2.40B GHz
    Bus speed 533 MHz
    L1 cache Data Cache 8KB, Execution Trace Cache 12K Micro-ops
    L2 cache Advanced Transfer Cache 512 KB
    Form factor Socket 478
    Stepping 7

System
    Physical memory 512 MB RAM
    Memory speed DDR266
    Memory type DDR, Synchronous
    Form factor DIMM
    BIOS date 10/25/2002
    BIOS size 512 KB
    BIOS version P09 (LY84510A.86A.0023.P09.0210250046)
    <span style='color:purple'>The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother&#39;s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    It should&#39;nt be the ram mate...the game or g/fx driver.Try an older version if its the same after you reinstall cr3

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    try updating graphics drivers, and chipset drivers, or an update for the game, if none of that helps then take out the 512mb stick and try the game again.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    if it was working fine before the memory upgrade and now it does not, you may have gotten some bad ram. Put your other mem in and see if it works if it does then replace the bad ram.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    firefox if its only cr3 i cant see the cause bad ram ...maybe the timin&#39; i have cheap ram here only runs stable 5-2-2-2 any looser it bsod&#39;s every few hrs...Or like we said the driver...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Faulty RAM is more likely than corrupted drivers, so download, burn and boot the Memtest86 iso.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Chewie UK@5 May 2004 - 22:09
    Faulty RAM is more likely than corrupted drivers, so download, burn and boot the Memtest86 iso.
    because of one game incompatible driver?....i have a few games that will only play with older drivers

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by gd3110@5 May 2004 - 10:11
    I got a DDR 512 MB ram today ever since I have upgraded it from my 256 MB DDR ..Colin Macrae 3 either shuts down.. or hard boots my sys..
    He has only been having this problem since the ram upgrade.It makes sense to give the ram a test to see if it is the problem.I bought a brand new stick of infineon for a coworkers computer when I built it for him and it was bad.The computer would run fine,installed windows on it with the bad ram(worked perfect) but under "some circumstances" it would crash.Bad ram doesn&#39;t really mean that it isn&#39;t going to run at all,it may just mean it won&#39;t run right all the time.

So in turn,I say test the ram first since the problem started when the change took place. Did you keep the stick of 256 mb in there also? If you did ,try taking it out and just use the 512 and see what happens.Could be the two have compatibility issues if they are different makes.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by johnboy27+6 May 2004 - 18:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (johnboy27 @ 6 May 2004 - 18:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gd3110@5 May 2004 - 10:11
    I got a DDR 512 MB ram today ever since I have upgraded it from my 256 MB DDR ..Colin Macrae 3 either shuts down.. or hard boots my sys..
    He has only been having this problem since the ram upgrade.It makes sense to give the ram a test to see if it is the problem.I bought a brand new stick of infineon for a coworkers computer when I built it for him and it was bad.The computer would run fine,installed windows on it with the bad ram(worked perfect) but under "some circumstances" it would crash.Bad ram doesn&#39;t really mean that it isn&#39;t going to run at all,it may just mean it won&#39;t run right all the time. [/b][/quote]
    Bad RAM very rarely goes bad throughout but maybe only a chip, part of a chip or even just a solder point has deteriorated. It&#39;s a question of when the bad area is used - in a high area Windows will seem fine but when pushed that bad part will affect whatever is trying to use it.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    is it just with that game or all games? u could try reinstalling it if its just that game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast