Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghost In The Shell: 2nd Gig

The fans of GitS already know this of course, but the 2nd season is well underway.
    I hope they keep the main storyline a bit more concrete than SAC. The Laughing Man storyline was just a bit too vague at some points for me (sorry danne )

Get the Laughing Man Fansubs (through Bittorrent) here: http://gits.no-jutsu.com/gits/
    By far the best fansub available for 2nd Gig.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    wait...ghost in the shell is a series? i thought it was just a movie, and thats it...

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    oh boy, you're running behind Colt

First series called Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex debuted last year. Review link
    The current one is simply called Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by colt45joe@5 May 2004 - 20:58
    wait...ghost in the shell is a series? i thought it was just a movie, and thats it...
    Pfft....

Not only is there a series with 2 seasons for it, the sequel to the movie comes out this summer.

GitS 2:Innocence comes out in July/August.

Stand Alone Complex was supposed to come out late June, but from what I've heard, its coming out on July 27th now....

I wonder if there will be a boxset for it.....

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@5 May 2004 - 15:43
    I wonder if there will be a boxset for it.....
    i know there is a boxtorrent for it

i really am enjoying this season, i think its a little better then the first.

LMF imo does they best job subbing it, i just wish they were a little faster.

any anyone seen the cam of innocence? i have the torrent for it but i never downloaded it. i heard the cam quality is really bad.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Don't bother, it's worse than a cam.
    Makes you wonder if they used a phonecam for it...

Also you'll need to understand Japanese for it

On a sidenote, GitS: Innocence is an entry for Best Film at the Film Festival of Cannes!! Link

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Just out of curiousity, have any of you lot actually learnt any japanese? cos i looked into it a bit and although writing it looks like a freakin nightmare, understanding spoken japanese or romaji (or whatever the romanised version is called) doesn't look too bad. The word order is pretty different, but understanding a significant amount of conversational japanese seems achievable.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Actually I believe Japanese is classified as one of easier of the major SPOKEN languages.

Verbs only have a present and past tense and no further conjugation nor do nouns have gender or number. Grammar is pretty straight-forward cause word properties get pre- or affixes.

I believe danne tried to learn some japanese, so perhaps he can tell more.

I found this site, perhaps it can help you:
    http://www.japanese-online.com/LANGUAGE/index.htm

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    has GitS:2nd Gig been licensed??
    that fansub doesn't look like it will abide to any licensing restrictions imposed.

i m pretty sure GitS:SAC has been licensed...but maybe i'm wrong, wth i should be at suki checking this out.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    i dled (thru BT)pimsleurs learning japanese from this danomac site, think theres a channel on irc.dejatoons.net

oh and,NotoriousBIC, bd3k seeded this on FT awhile back, think its still up there, been meaning to get it

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast