Thread: Dvd Player Problem

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    k, my friend gave me saving private ryan (burned 4.7 gb disc) and i wanted to play it on my dvd player (APEX AD-1200) but when i put it in (the disc), on the tv screen it says loading, but then after 5-6 sec. it says no disc. i tried 10 times already with no luck. then, i took it to my neigbours house who has a dvd player on his computer. pop it in, worked like a charm (including the menu, special features, etc.). so i don't get it, WHY WON'T MY DVD PLAYER PLAY BACKUPS OR BURNED DVD'S???? i've burned so many kvcds and they work on my dvd player!!! please, someone help me figure out what's wrong whether my dvd player not compatible with burned dvd's. i'll get more info from my friend tomorrow about how he burned it and what methods he used and stuff. but for now, any answer is helpful!

EDIT: DVD-R USED= MEMOREX 4.7 GB|120 min. video DVD+R 4xRW maybe that has something to do with it??? seriously, i'm a dumass when it comes to dvd's and how they work.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    bump?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    All I can think of here is that it is a mixture of media and DVD problem

meaning that

your DVD player doesn't like the brand your using

and also one more thing!!

you are burning as a DVD video with VOB files etc??

not as data??

not many DVD players will read it as data

and another thing

don't go over 4.2 gigs when your back up your DVDs some DVD players have trouble reading the edge of the surface of the DVD

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Did some searching and found that it depends on the firmware version your dvd player has. I looked in this forum and someone said
    It may but depends on the firmware version, brand of DVD-R, recording program, etc. I have 2 ad-1200 models that are different versions, one can play them and one can't. The only way to tell for sure is to try it.
    Here's the thread

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Retired
    does it support DVD-r or DVD+r? try a diffent brand of DVDdisk

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by dsa16@7 May 2004 - 08:18
    Did some searching and found that it depends on the firmware version your dvd player has. I looked in this forum and someone said
    It may but depends on the firmware version, brand of DVD-R, recording program, etc. I have 2 ad-1200 models that are different versions, one can play them and one can't. The only way to tell for sure is to try it.
    Here's the thread
    I forgot about that

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    i have no idea if it's burned as data or vob. but it's most likely over 4.2 gb maybe that's the problem? i'll tell him to burn another backup but using a different brand of dvd-r and keep it under 4.2 gb. also, my dvd player plays backups recorded in region 1 or region all (i have no clue what that means but it could be the solution to my problem) thanks again for the replies.