Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What To Type In To Search On Soulseek For Albums

Hi, I just downloaded soulseek and i'm looking to download a few Beatles albums, because I was told SoulSeek is best for whole albums. I have no idea how to recognize what files are whole albums and whatnot. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm trying to download the Beatles albums "Revolver" and "Rubber Soul".

Help a newbie, eh? :helpsmile:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    search for beatles revolver or beatles rubber soul

edit: yes, soulseek is the best for whole albums. and to see if the album is full, you can search for the album on All Music and compare the track listing.
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Tikibonbon@6 May 2004 - 13:31

edit: yes, soulseek is the best for whole albums. and to see if the album is full, you can search for the album on All Music and compare the track listing.
    I might add that irc is also an option.

Peace brotherdoobie

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    when you look at the results, look for someone who has the folder nicely organised "beatles>revolver>" then you know they have an album instead of a song...then right click, download complete folder
    <insert signature here>

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    Originally posted by brotherdoobie+7 May 2004 - 08:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brotherdoobie @ 7 May 2004 - 08:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tikibonbon@6 May 2004 - 13:31

I might add that irc is also an option.

Peace brotherdoobie [/b][/quote]
    well, when the question concerns finding albums on SOULSEEK, irc really isn&#39;t an option.
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    most slsk users share full albums by folders containing individual mp3s, not as a single file.

eg: artist/album neame/ track 1.mp3 track 2.mp3 and so on

do a search for Revolver for example. when you get a hit, right-click on the file and select "browse user files".

their files will appear as a directory structure, similar to windows explorer.

kinda like copying files through a network.

It&#39;s a thing of beauty, really.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    If your system crashes easily I recommend you dont search for just "The Beatles"
    But search for the "Album Name" only, "the Beatles" wil give you far too many results, which some instable systems cant handle...
    Last edited by summerlinda; 08-22-2006 at 12:43 PM.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by summerlinda@9 May 2004 - 21:41
    If youre system crashes easily I recommend you dont search for just "The Beatles"
    But search for the "Album Name" only, "the Beatles" wil give you far too many results, which some instable systems cant handle...
    if that happens it is to do with the number of conenctions caused by searching for popular items, it is to do with your modem or router, i suggest flashing their bios with the latest firmware and updating your nic drivers, should solve the problem.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ownedbyme13+13 May 2004 - 08:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ownedbyme13 &#064; 13 May 2004 - 08:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-summerlinda@9 May 2004 - 21:41
    If youre system crashes easily I recommend you dont search for just "The Beatles"
    if that happens it is to do with the number of conenctions caused by searching for popular items, it is to do with your modem or router, i suggest flashing their bios with the latest firmware and updating your nic drivers, should solve the problem. [/b][/quote]

It happens to anybody that searches for something that is Popular.Messing with Drivers is not going to help.Try searching for just the word "Blues" after you have done all that you say to do.I bet it still locks up.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    Ok - Listen up.........

Are you listening - good......I will tell you THE best way to search for an album - IF
    you want a perfect rip which has been verified......

Put this in the search line:

beatles revolver sfv

Why? - I&#39;ll tell you why - because only scene ripped albums have sfv files in them,
    and when you find an sfv file for an album, you can then "browes users files" and
    then locate the folder based on the original search result. In that located folder
    you will most likely (99% of the time) find a full album - group ripped - LAME
    encoded - fully tagged.......

These are the best files/albums available - end of story.

This is what you might see as a result:

This is what you might see in the user&#39;s folder of the highlighted file:

Now - what is an sfv file?

Check SFV (Simple File Verification)
    Description:
    Some files that you download will come with a .sfv file. This is used to verify that
    the files that you received are the same as the originals. cksfv is a program that
    can use the .sfv file to verify the downloaded files. Also, it can be used to create
    new .sfv files.

You can even check the files yourself with "cksfv-1.3.sfv". It can be downloaded HERE

Enjoy the tip and enjoy the perfectly ripped full albums.

CrumbCat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast