Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Participation Level

BANNED
    all versions work the same on that as far as i know, but if you uncheck constant pl 1000 then they will see your real pl

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    What I am trying to say is I can see other peoples' high participation levels and these are not those generated by normal KLite use but by having "constant PL1000" turned on.

I assume this function is within the software and sets the PL at some very high (10k+?) level so that in normal usage it will never drop below 1000. I make this assumption because the registry entry for constant PL is a switch not a number or a computed variable like estimated bandwidth.

My experience over the last 3 to 4 years is that, left to its own devices, PL rarely makes it to 1000, if at all.

I am currently at 16409 and have 3 people uploading, all showing 16K+ PLs but without any status (medium, high, guru etc). When I am using "constant PL" it never defines a status so it is reasonable to assume these people have it checked.
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    BANNED
    if you have constant pl checked then all the other person sees is your 1000 pl.

if the other person has it checked then all you see is 1000 pl.

if you are seen other people with more then 1000 pl then they don't have the constant pl checked.

next time you have a chance connect to somebody you know and ask them what they see both ways.

i have few different lines at the office, with different isp. i have checked this out by connecting both klt's to each supernode then to each other by the way of upload/download. if one has constant checked then you see master 1000 no matter what else is checked.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    user levels like guru and master are only defined up to a value of 1000 (since that is normally the highest value, anything higher would just be shown a 1000).

So when you use the 'cheat' then the value is higher as 1000 and no user level name is shown. Not that those names matter anyway.

You'll only see values higher than 1000 if 'show real pl is on'. So other people who don't have that function will see you as having a level of 1000.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    OK, explain this away.

At this very moment I have the same user downloading ROTK part 2 with a PL 15866 and part 3 PL KL master PL 1000.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    BANNED
    2 different users same user name or same user 2 different names (2p)

in short i can do that with you right now 2 muscleman@klt k++ with 2 different pl

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Or the program just screws up

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Error403@8 May 2004 - 14:50
    Or the program just screws up
    that could be another possiblity

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    You're grasping at straws.

Same user name, two parts of the same movie at the same time, two different PLs - that's one hell of a coincidence!

Here's how it's done.

I have 6 popular movies that are in 2 or 3 parts.

Start KLite with Constant and real PLs checked and uploads set to unlimited.

Wait for 5 or 6 uploads to start, note their names and then uncheck real PL.

Wait about 4 or 5 minutes for lots more uploads to start then tag the user column header to sort by name.

Check the first list to see who is uploading another part and note the PL - if it was over 10K before it now reads 1000 and none of the new uploads shows as over 1000, only those noted when real PL was checked.

Verdict - either I've got a rogue version of KLite 243 which lets me see the "real PL" of users who have tagged "constant PL 1000" or it is generally possible to see other users real PLs.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    BANNED
    first off your all versions work the same way when comes to that.

second unless you got 2 computers next to each other on 2 different isp and then connected to the same supernode then upload and download from each other and see what it is, please don't waist my time. you are running on assumptions.

as i said i have had 2 computers next to each other connected with 2 different isp and the fact and the real verdict is:

the damn thing only shows you, your real ip. and nobody else as long as constant pl is checked.

there are other ways of hacking and jacking your pl you know

now please don't waist our time with what you assume to be the facts. find out what the facts are, otherwise please keep your assumptions to yourself and don't mislead others.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast