Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Half Life 2 Winhec Demo Unleashed

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Originally posted by RGX+7 May 2004 - 14:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RGX @ 7 May 2004 - 14:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Agent Smith@7 May 2004 - 21:47
    <!--QuoteBegin-RGX
    @7 May 2004 - 10:30
    I am so impressed, I think I may actually buy the game....graphical detail + incredible physics + unbeleivable strider animations + excellent AI + unparralelled immersion = win.

Why not just download it, its the same thing, but wont cost &#036;50.
    But its not contributing towards the people that made it and devoted 6 years of their life towards it. If somethings really that good, im prepared to put money towards it. [/b][/quote]
    well, u have an excellent strong point there and they do deserve the money which they really worked their asses off for, so the only games i&#39;m willing to buy (i thought i&#39;d never come to this):

1) Half Life 2
    2) DooM3
    3) Halo 2 (maybe, still not sure on this one now that i have my modchip)

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Games   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by Agent Smith+7 May 2004 - 21:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent Smith @ 7 May 2004 - 21:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RGX@7 May 2004 - 10:30
    I am so impressed, I think I may actually buy the game....graphical detail + incredible physics + unbeleivable strider animations + excellent AI + unparralelled immersion = win.
    Why not just download it, its the same thing, but wont cost &#036;50. [/b][/quote]
    Online play is what makes a game worth playing on the PC IMO. Plus, a game of this calibur shouldn&#39;t be thrown around like it&#39;s a toy. It has been given some deep thinking, and I think they developers deserve a little in return.

3. Games   -   #13
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by cpt_azad+7 May 2004 - 14:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cpt_azad @ 7 May 2004 - 14:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by RGX@7 May 2004 - 14:07
    <!--QuoteBegin-RGX

But its not contributing towards the people that made it and devoted 6 years of their life towards it. If somethings really that good, im prepared to put money towards it.
    well, u have an excellent strong point there and they do deserve the money which they really worked their asses off for, so the only games i&#39;m willing to buy (i thought i&#39;d never come to this):

1) Half Life 2
    2) DooM3
    3) Halo 2 (maybe, still not sure on this one now that i have my modchip) [/b][/quote]
    how about FUCK THAT? i waited for a fucking year to play that shit, so dont give me that credit shit

I am stealing it fuckers, sue me

4. Games   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+7 May 2004 - 22:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 7 May 2004 - 22:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@7 May 2004 - 14:16
    <!--QuoteBegin-RGX

But its not contributing towards the people that made it and devoted 6 years of their life towards it. If somethings really that good, im prepared to put money towards it.

1) Half Life 2
    2) DooM3
    how about FUCK THAT? i waited for a fucking year to play that shit, so dont give me that credit shit

I am stealing it fuckers, sue me [/b][/quote]
    Ok...say you make a game, or a program, and you sell it. Wouldn&#39;t you be pissed off if you found out that thousands of people were getting it for free? Thousands and maybe millions of dollars that you could have made right there?

5. Games   -   #15
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by blitz81388+7 May 2004 - 14:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blitz81388 @ 7 May 2004 - 14:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@7 May 2004 - 22:21
    <!--QuoteBegin-RGX

1) Half Life 2
    2) DooM3

Ok...say you make a game, or a program, and you sell it. Wouldn&#39;t you be pissed off if you found out that thousands of people were getting it for free? Thousands and maybe millions of dollars that you could have made right there? [/b][/quote]
    The suckers who buy it tho, are giving back enogh to give them a profit so it dosent matter.

Online play is what makes a game worth playing on the PC IMO. Plus, a game of this calibur shouldn&#39;t be thrown around like it&#39;s a toy. It has been given some deep thinking, and I think they developers deserve a little in return.
    What game cant you play online without a key now a days. I havent found a game that i cant get into, with an invaild key.

6. Games   -   #16
    Poster
    Very nice. Shame its just a video though

7. Games   -   #17
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by blitz81388+7 May 2004 - 22:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blitz81388 @ 7 May 2004 - 22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@7 May 2004 - 22:21
    <!--QuoteBegin-RGX

1) Half Life 2
    2) DooM3

Ok...say you make a game, or a program, and you sell it. Wouldn&#39;t you be pissed off if you found out that thousands of people were getting it for free? Thousands and maybe millions of dollars that you could have made right there? [/b][/quote]
    Meh , seeing the way valve has tried to rip people off with condition zero , i think i&#39;m going to download HL2

8. Games   -   #18
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+7 May 2004 - 14:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 7 May 2004 - 14:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    <!--QuoteBegin-RGX

1) Half Life 2
    2) DooM3

I am stealing it fuckers, sue me [/b][/quote]
    hmmm, can i change my opinion to what james is saying, silly me of course i can (thank god democracy) . valve took to fuckin long is right, but i&#39;m still gonna pay for doom3 because iD deserves it.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

9. Games   -   #19
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    would you have preferred a half arsed bug ridden game?

there is so much hype surrounding this game they have to be right on the money whn it is released, not a game that is screwed but they can patch when it suits them as a lot of games are these days.

10. Games   -   #20
    Poster
    I&#39;d be willing to give Valve my first-born if Half-Life 2 plays as good as it looks. Obviously I&#39;ll be paying for it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast