Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alcoholic Parents

bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by danb+7 May 2004 - 17:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danb @ 7 May 2004 - 17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bujub22@7 May 2004 - 22:38

drugs are bad mmmm&nbsp; k&#33;
    You pick some dodgy pics Joob Joob [/b][/quote]
    fixed

and nikkid i hear yah there&#33;

2. Lounge   -   #12
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I found it funny when my mum was drunk, she went through a phase I guess but I don&#39;t think it&#39;s a good thing to be drunk round kids at all.
    If you think about it your judgement is heavily effected and in case of emergency etc etc, you see what I&#39;m getting at
    As for alcoholic parents, I think it can turn the child 1 of 2 ways, either follow the same road or rebel against it.
    I had one parent that drank and one that did&#39;nt.......erm......so I never know whether to drink or not

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    i guuess icould blame them for my problem, but i dont think tem drinking did it. just genetics
    A good game is still good if its late, a bad game is bad forever, Shigeru Miyamoto

4. Lounge   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I wish my parents drank more, not excessively that theyll start beating us and yelling, but enough so that they will want me ot get drunk and will give me alcohol that would be nice....

or how bout they just give me alcohol anyway

5. Lounge   -   #15
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    Hmmm

interesting topic.

Well, a kid who has alcoholic parents usually has a low self-esteem, clowns about a lot, usually relies on an older sibling to look on as a parent figure and can find it hard to have trusting relationships.

Both my parents are alcoholics....i hardly ever get drunk cos i get a bit worried i&#39;ll end up like them

I&#39;ll just stick to being weird and small and relitevely sober

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by WeeMouse@8 May 2004 - 16:44
    Hmmm

interesting topic.

Well, a kid who has alcoholic parents usually has a low self-esteem, clowns about a lot, usually relies on an older sibling to look on as a parent figure and can find it hard to have trusting relationships.

Both my parents are alcoholics....i hardly ever get drunk cos i get a bit worried i&#39;ll end up like them

I&#39;ll just stick to being weird and small and relitevely sober
    sounds familiar
    A good game is still good if its late, a bad game is bad forever, Shigeru Miyamoto

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Alcoholism greatly affects all members of a family.

Check out this support group site for:

Adult Children of Alcoholics: http://www.adultchildren.org/ or
    Al-Anon/Alateen: http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/

8. Lounge   -   #18
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Two of my buddies have alcoholic dads (divorced...) they dont want to see him, nor speak about him.
    Must have been bad.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by BigBoo+8 May 2004 - 12:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigBoo @ 8 May 2004 - 12:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WeeMouse@8 May 2004 - 16:44
    Hmmm

interesting topic.

Both my parents are alcoholics....i hardly ever get drunk cos i get a bit worried i&#39;ll end up like them&nbsp;

I&#39;ll just stick to being weird and small and relitevely sober&nbsp;
    sounds familiar [/b][/quote]
    does

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    i hate it when people take me apart.

teachers used to do it when i shouted out and stuff in class. saayying stuff like does anyone listen to you at home. do you have to shout so your parents listen?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast