Thread: Headphones...

I'm gonna get a new set of headphones for my pc soon, and I'm undecided whether to go for a wired set or a wireless set...

What are your guys/gals feelings, opinions and experiences with wired and wireless headphones?

Thanks in advance

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    didnt know u could get them

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    my friends dad has a pair of wireless ones for his home theatre thingy, so he can watch movies when his wife (friends mom) is asleep. (she goes to bed really early).

I tried them once, and the sound is good, but once you get more than about 20 ft away it sounds terrible. if ur using it for a computer, and are near the base, then they are realyly good. very comfy

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Wireless can be good if you get the right kind.

There are infrared(IR) type. They work like a typical TV remote. Line-of-sight and not around corners or furniture.

There are radio frequency(RF) type. They work virtually everywhere(within their range).

IR type headphones are just not worth it due to there limited range and line-of-sight requirement.

RF types are great since you can go virtually anywhere. The only limiting factors are distance and the frequency at which they run. 900mHz can penetrate walls better than 2.4gHz. The higher the frequency the more that can become an issue.

Not knowing what your house is built of and your ear/hearing, the best thing is to try them out at the store with some music you're familiar with and walk around to check reception/distance. But, take into account the walls in your house.

Hope that helps a bit.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I got this set of Cordless headphones on order.

Goodmans PROCD9007 Cordless Headphones

Full size closed back design. Autoscan RF tuning. Surround sound effect. Crystal clear reception (new 863-864MHz). RF reception range up to 100 metres. Independent headset volume control. On/off switch with LED power indicator. Rechargeable circuitry with rechargeable batteries included. Low level transmitter with spare aerial mast. Attractive two tone platinum/silver colour.

Cannot wait til they arrive. my friend has the same set and he can walk around his whole house front garden and back included with perfect reception. He lives around 20 doors away from me and has managed to get half way up the street before they sound went bad.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by harrycary@8 May 2004 - 17:09
    Wireless can be good if you get the right kind.

There are infrared(IR) type. They work like a typical TV remote. Line-of-sight and not around corners or furniture.

There are radio frequency(RF) type. They work virtually everywhere(within their range).

IR type headphones are just not worth it due to there limited range and line-of-sight requirement.

RF types are great since you can go virtually anywhere. The only limiting factors are distance and the frequency at which they run. 900mHz can penetrate walls better than 2.4gHz. The higher the frequency the more that can become an issue.

Not knowing what your house is built of and your ear/hearing, the best thing is to try them out at the store with some music you're familiar with and walk around to check reception/distance. But, take into account the walls in your house.

Hope that helps a bit.
    Thanks

A very informative post.