Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad Plugs

Okay, I have a Shuttle XPC computer that has been nothing short of awesome on the 10 months I've owned it. I have an old printer and an old scanner that I've finally gotten around to connecting. Problem is, neither are being recognized by the computer. This what the back of my PC looks like:

The two green ones (which are labeled 'COM1' and 'COM2&#39 of course is where I want to plug in the printer and the scanner. And as you can see the blue one is a VGA connection but it is also not working. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    umm.... make sure the ports are enable'd mate in the bios...under intergrated preipherals

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thats what I was thinking also, but do you know what they will be labeled as? After entering integrated peripherals that is?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by sampson@8 May 2004 - 10:12
    Thats what I was thinking also, but do you know what they will be labeled as? After entering integrated peripherals that is?
    would they not be as serial ports?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    i think its COM1 and LPT1 or something like that

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Well if the blue VGA connector isn't working then you won't be able to view the BIOS screen.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    The printer and scanner are a little unusual if they use serial ports; they normally use USB or parallel ports.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Tell us what model printer and scanner you've got, we should be able to work out if/how you can connect them to your pc.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@8 May 2004 - 08:16
    Well if the blue VGA connector isn't working then you won't be able to view the BIOS screen.
    ell since his computer "has been nothing short of awsome on the 10 months..." he's owned it, we can asume that he is using a seperate video card

in the bios it should probably be labbeled serial or com...on my board it is labbeled onboard serial a, so im guessing yours shouldnt be to difficult to find.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Onl...huttle_102.html

4th item down.

as i assume your old scanner and printer will both use a parallel connection?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast