Thread: Damn Americans

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I never ever want to hear anyone from the USA complain about the price of anything ever again

I been looking for a talk box for my guitar, in my local shop which is a national dealer the one I want is £249.99
    I just found THIS!

FFS!!!

What is wrong with the UK, same product nearly a quater of the price

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    I've also been looking for one and the cheapest I've found is availablehere. I dunno if it's any good though BUT it doesn't require any extra mics or mic amps, it works just as an inline stomp box.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #3
    I been looking into the Danelectro Free Speech for a while now, very mixed reports, a lot of people saying it gives a big volume boost and lots of feedback.
    Others saying it's wonderful, trouble is it's non returnable cos of hygene. So you could end up with a piece of shit that no one wants, dunno, bit weary of it to be honest Bo, would like to hear one in the flesh so to speak before I shell out a ton

There's a bit of info and 2 demo's HERE!!

Good site for FX Here!!

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@8 May 2004 - 11:57
    I never ever want to hear anyone from the USA complain about the price of anything ever again

I been looking for a talk box for my guitar, in my local shop which is a national dealer the one I want is £249.99
    I just found THIS!

FFS!!!

What is wrong with the UK, same product nearly a quater of the price

Jonno B)
    To be fair Jonno, the list Price is: List: $234.98

Its on sale.

In addition, Sales Tax is added to that price unless stated otherwise.... the opposite to our system where VAT is included unless stated otherwise.

In general, if you replace the £ with a $, you'll be in the ballpark with American prices... with our exchange rate so strong, this means half price or thereabouts.

However, if you look at the salaries of those in the USA and convert to £, you'll find that in general we earn more for the same jobs....making the % of salary for a product quite similar..

Its called economics

Just order the thing and have it shipped... even paying for International Shipping, its gonna be a lot cheaper

On saying that.... I got "Monopoly Tycoon" for £1 inc sales tax... so im not gonna complain about that

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. Lounge   -   #5
    FFS RF it's early morning on a Saturday, you don't really expect me to understand what you just said do you

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@8 May 2004 - 13:14
    I been looking into the Danelectro Free Speech for a while now, very mixed reports, a lot of people saying it gives a big volume boost and lots of feedback.
    Others saying it's wonderful, trouble is it's non returnable cos of hygene. So you could end up with a piece of shit that no one wants, dunno, bit weary of it to be honest Bo, would like to hear one in the flesh so to speak before I shell out a ton

There's a bit of info and 2 demo's HERE!!

Good site for FX Here!!

Jonno B)
    lol I just realised i never even put it's name
    yeah, I meant the danelectro. I asked the bloke in the shop (the shop is in newcastle you see) and he said "as it's a microphone product, they do tend to get some feedback" so they must get quite a few complaints.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@8 May 2004 - 12:18
    FFS RF it's early morning on a Saturday, you don't really expect me to understand what you just said do you

Jonno B)
    It's lunchtime you Lazy Git

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. Lounge   -   #8
    @Bo.......Yeah it has 2 mini mics attactched to the tube and considering it's only £100 they not gonna be high quality, I thought about maybe getting on and sticking some high quality mics on it
    The Heli/Dunlop Box does'nt feedback so much but you need 2 amps to power it, I did make a Talk Box but could'nt get a horn driver man enough to pump out a good sound, although it does work

@RF.........Pffft.......Lunchtime is'nt for another 4 hours

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Jononimo, is it lunch time yet? I'm fookin starving! :helpsmile:

10. Lounge   -   #10
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    damn it i jus paid $1.25 for a cigar when there usaully 75cents bastards