Thread: Playback Shudders

i have a xvid file that when i playback on windows media it shudders all the way through, all other xvid files playback fine, i have scanned it with norton and thats fine too, this also happened on another file a while back but i just deleted that one, but i would like to no if anybody knows what the problem is, thank you.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    How high is your CPU usage when you play that file? Is it around 100% ?

It can be a million things. The sound codec screws things, or perhaps the movie was encoded using a beta version of XviD. Probably the last one.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Error403@8 May 2004 - 18:56
    How high is your CPU usage when you play that file? Is it around 100% ?

It can be a million things. The sound codec screws things, or perhaps the movie was encoded using a beta version of XviD. Probably the last one.
    im affraid you have lost me abit there, how can i see how much cpu is whilst playback

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    If you have Windows 2000 or XP, then press Ctrl+Alt+Del and go to task manger. There you can see the CPU usage.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    i had the same problem, i had the old klite codec pack (v202 i think) when i uninstalled it and installed the newer version (v210 i think) the problem went away.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Error403@9 May 2004 - 11:22
    If you have Windows 2000 or XP, then press Ctrl+Alt+Del and go to task manger. There you can see the CPU usage.
    i am running xp, when i run the file the cpu runs at about 40 to 50%

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Vargas@9 May 2004 - 14:25
    i had the same problem, i had the old klite codec pack (v202 i think) when i uninstalled it and installed the newer version (v210 i think) the problem went away.
    thank you vargas, you were right i have uninstalled my 2.04 codec pack and installed the latest one and the problem is resolved, thanks again, thanks for your help too ERROR 403