Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norton Antivirus Subscription

Hi, I have a legal copy of Norton Antivirus on my machine. Periodically, it used to update itself to protect my computer for any new virus definitions.

Now it is asking me to renew my subscription. What happens if I dont renew it. Will it NOT protect my computer against any new viruses? If this is the case, then why did I buy Norton Antivirus in the first place.

Any ideas

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Double Agent
    supposedly if you use a legit copy of Norton AV you have to renew the subscription otherwise the software will stop updating itself.

It will still work but just not able to update its own virus definitions.

Norton is running a scam and everybody knows it, we have all either cracked the software or getting other free legit AV program like AVG and others...

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by reminder@8 May 2004 - 13:13
    Hi, I have a legal copy of Norton Antivirus on my machine. Periodically, it used to update itself to protect my computer for any new virus definitions.

Now it is asking me to renew my subscription. What happens if I dont renew it. Will it NOT protect my computer against any new viruses? If this is the case, then why did I buy Norton Antivirus in the first place.

Any ideas
    Actually just uninstall it and reinstall it and you will be able to use the automatic updates feature still

Peace brotherdoobie

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    If you noticed when it installed... you purchased a 1 yr subsciption.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Originally posted by brotherdoobie+9 May 2004 - 11:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brotherdoobie @ 9 May 2004 - 11:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-reminder@8 May 2004 - 13:13

Any ideas
    Actually just uninstall it and reinstall it and you will be able to use the automatic updates feature still

Peace brotherdoobie [/b][/quote]
    But how can you uninstall and reinstall it? It was already on my computer when I bought it, so if I did unistall it I don&#39;t have a disk to reinstall it with.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    did your computer come with disks to restore, such as application disks?

If it did, u can reinstall from there.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    it will protect your computer but you wont be up to date with the latest virus definitions.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by reminder@9 May 2004 - 03:13

Any ideas
    I&#39;ve got a NAV subscription that lets me update for the next 45 years.

I&#39;m not using NAV though, but you can get the file below.

ps: HERE IS YOUR ANSWER

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGLE

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by backlash@10 May 2004 - 21:16
    did your computer come with disks to restore, such as application disks?

If it did, u can reinstall from there.
    Mine was located on my Motherboard Utility CD.
    Take a look around

Peace brotherdoobie

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Originally posted by Alucard1475+10 May 2004 - 18:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alucard1475 @ 10 May 2004 - 18:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-reminder@9 May 2004 - 03:13

Any ideas
    I&#39;ve got a NAV subscription that lets me update for the next 45 years.

I&#39;m not using NAV though, but you can get the file below.

ps: HERE IS YOUR ANSWER

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGLE [/b][/quote]
    Nice... B)
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast