Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mp3's Onto Minidisc

axemanjohn
    i am trying to record mp3's onto minidisc. they sound fine when i play them from the HD, but when i listen to them on minidisc they are distorted beyond recognition. i am using the creative minidisc manager to record. any suggestions

2. Music   -   #2
    I'm not familiar with creative minidisc manager - but use Sony Net MD. This has to convert the mp3 to atrac format to transfer. I would imagine your software has to do similar. Have you checked whether the file format is being/has to be changed?

LJ

3. Music   -   #3
    if your recording analogly make sure the volume is not up to loud.. if your and older brand MD like me

4. Music   -   #4
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Originally posted by mr_tiki
    if your recording analogly make sure the volume is not up to loud.. if your and older brand MD like me
    since minidisc is a digital format it has a set decibel level that it thinks of as zero. If the sound levels go over this zero mark any data will be lost. hence the crap sound.

My uncle was telling me about this. it also happens to tape to an extent, But if you go over the zero mark on a tape it is just destorted the data is not completly lost like md.

Most new minidisc have a feature that sets the volum of the recording automatically to the zero mark and not over.
    This makes the music sound kinda strange since it can record really quite music louder then it is meant to be.

Has anyone got a md that can use mp3's instead of converting with atrac?

5. Music   -   #5
    Ive downloaded a bunch of songs from kazaa and burned them into minidiscs usin Nero, and they sound pretty good.

6. Music   -   #6
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hdiazm@26 March 2003 - 03:22
    Ive downloaded a bunch of songs from kazaa and burned them into minidiscs usin Nero, and they sound pretty good.
    You burned songs on a minidisc??

How would you do that???

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

7. Music   -   #7
    Originally posted by Benno+26 March 2003 - 15:22--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Benno @ 26 March 2003 - 15:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--hdiazm@26 March 2003 - 03:22
    You burned songs on a minidisc??

How would you do that??? [/b][/quote]
    I ust admit I&#39;d love to know how to do this&#33;&#33;&#33;

Basically I&#39;ve just done TRial & error&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Eventually you work out the settings&#33;

8. Music   -   #8
    Poster
    but use Sony Net MD
    agree

9. Music   -   #9
    Poster
    I got a double jack plug eg. to headphone sockets on one wire and just plug that into my sound card and then into the minidic and press play on winamp. My minidisc automattically set the breaks between songs (2 secs silence i think) it works well but you do have to be carefull with the vol,ume from the pc&#33; oh yeah & the bass --- oops had my bass up full and got some REALLY bassy music on the minidisc btw the lead cost 50p

10. Music   -   #10
    Poster
    My minidisc got an USB port, so I dont have to plug in into the stereo and record 1 on 1 anymore B)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast