Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E3 Games Lists

Poster
    it was neccesary

my point is theyre all cashins and sequals.

nothing original or risky.

they only bought out trauma studios cos it was proven that there would be major money coming in.

the BF series are my longterm favourite games but i can never get excited about an EA list... more money than heart -_-
    A good game is still good if its late, a bad game is bad forever, Shigeru Miyamoto

2. Games   -   #12
    Originally posted by BigBoo@9 May 2004 - 16:03
    the BF series are my longterm favourite games but i can never get excited about an EA list... more money than heart -_-

EA have cleaned up their act recently and arent just churning out crap game licences anymore. Fifa,Lord of the Rings:Return of the King and Need for Speed Underground are just a few examples of good games that EA have made in the past year.
    Your stereotype is wearing thin...

Also you lot seem to have forgot that Nintendo will be showcasing the Nintendo DS and Sony is PSP at E3.Thats something to look forward to

3. Games   -   #13
    Originally posted by BigBoo@9 May 2004 - 07:03
    it was neccesary

my point is theyre all cashins and sequals.

nothing original or risky.

they only bought out trauma studios cos it was proven that there would be major money coming in.

What about the Sims? They turned tht idea into the biggest selling game ever. Plus Madden is the top selling franchise ever. Even though the game pisses me off year after year.

Heres a story... a few years back, one of my friends bought madden. At the time me, him, and my bro always played franchise mode w/ different teams. Anyways, first day he had it, we were playing and I was beating the shit outta him. So he takes the time to get up, walk over the the PS, eject the game, and slam it on the ground. It shattered in a million pieces. That was the funniest shit I had seen in along time.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Games   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by dinner123+9 May 2004 - 16:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dinner123 &#064; 9 May 2004 - 16:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-BigBoo@9 May 2004 - 16:03

EA have cleaned up their act recently and arent just churning out crap game licences anymore. Fifa,Lord of the Rings:Return of the King and Need for Speed Underground are just a few examples of good games that EA have made in the past year.
    [/b][/quote]
    fifa&#33;? nth sequal with a weak engine that will never live up to the ISS series. but is more popular because of name and marketing

LOTR&#33;? another film cashin looks impressive, plays impressive for 5 minutes. quicky becomes tedious

NFS:underground&#33; old series, old name, old engine. these were good at first on ps1. but are outclassed by so many now. graphcal "the fast and the furious" image rip-off/revamp couldnt save it for me

stereotype alive and kicking
    A good game is still good if its late, a bad game is bad forever, Shigeru Miyamoto

5. Games   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@9 May 2004 - 16:23

What about the Sims? They turned tht idea into the biggest selling game ever. Plus Madden is the top selling franchise ever. Even though the game pisses me off year after year.

Heres a story... a few years back, one of my friends bought madden. At the time me, him, and my bro always played franchise mode w/ different teams. Anyways, first day he had it, we were playing and I was beating the shit outta him. So he takes the time to get up, walk over the the PS, eject the game, and slam it on the ground. It shattered in a million pieces. That was the funniest shit I had seen in along time.

about the sims: fairdos, but they were takinng the piss with all the high price addons, dont you think??

6. Games   -   #16
    Originally posted by BigBoo+9 May 2004 - 08:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigBoo @ 9 May 2004 - 08:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SingaBoiy@9 May 2004 - 16:23

about the sims: fairdos, but they were takinng the piss with all the high price addons, dont you think?? [/b][/quote]
    No
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

7. Games   -   #17
    Poster
    Myah, the sims r 4 weenies. seriously, any1 who plays the sims needs 2 GET A LIFE.
    The most addicktive music in the world is...William hung&#39;s&#33;&#33; Nah jk he can just suck my hotdog.

8. Games   -   #18
    Poster
    sims was a pop game for girls.

EA exploited it as that.

if you boughtt them all new. it would cost about £150

thats one game and 6 pretty mediocre expansions

9. Games   -   #19
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by dinner123+9 May 2004 - 16:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dinner123 @ 9 May 2004 - 16:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BigBoo@9 May 2004 - 16:03

Your stereotype is wearing thin... [/b][/quote]
    Lord of the Rings could have been 50x better, just look at that license.
    I must say Fifa 2004 may have been one of the best so far, but they&#39;re doing nothing to try and top Pro Evo.
    Need For Speed Underground was actually a bit shit. Look at Toca Race Driver 2; about 16 different ways to play it.

And the Sims, jesus, no game should have 8 expansion packs, nevermind the amount of bundle packs etc sold.

10. Games   -   #20
    Originally posted by BigBoo+9 May 2004 - 17:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigBoo @ 9 May 2004 - 17:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by dinner123@9 May 2004 - 16:21
    Originally posted by BigBoo@9 May 2004 - 16:03

fifa&#33;? nth sequal with a weak engine that will never live up to the ISS series. but is more popular because of name and marketing

LOTR&#33;? another film cashin looks impressive, plays impressive for 5 minutes. quicky becomes tedious

NFS:underground&#33; old series, old name, old engine. these were good at first on ps1. but are outclassed by so many now. graphcal "the fast and the furious" image rip-off/revamp couldnt save it for me

stereotype alive and kicking [/b]

I think you mean Pro Evo series. ISS is completelty different
    It is not more popular becasue of marketing,it is more accesible to the &#39;causal gamer&#39; who just wants to pick up and play. And there are more &#39;casual gamers&#39; out there, than &#39;proper&#39; gamers who want to have all the features of Pro Evo.

What game have been playing? It does not quickly become tedious. There is a wide enough range of elements and characters to give enough variety. Dont judge the game purely on your biased opinion of EA.

Who cares about graphics if it plays well? And what about &#39;Old series&#39; &#39;Old name&#39;, Zelda,Mario,Sonic are old series/games, are you saying they are crap as well.

<!--QuoteBegin-Mad Cat
    @10 May 2004 - 15:54
    Lord of the Rings could have been 50x better, just look at that license.
    I must say Fifa 2004 may have been one of the best so far, but they&#39;re doing nothing to try and top Pro Evo.
    Need For Speed Underground was actually a bit shit. Look at Toca Race Driver 2; about 16 different ways to play it.
    [/quote]

How could it have been 50x better? Give me another idea on how they could have done it. If your gonna say RPG, think again, one is already in development.

Fifa does top Pro Evo in the charts.They dont want to be Pro Evo,thats the whole point.

NFSU is good at what it does. You shouldnt judge a game on the amount of content, but on how good the content is. But then TOCA is really good as well B)

Anyway,both of you are entitled your opinions and I can see how you think what you do. But i am also entitled to my opinion which i have no problem in telling you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast