Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disabeling "save Page As"

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    any script that disables saving webpages?

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Poster
    There is'nt a real way of doing it. Any webpage can be saved.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    there is, i saw many site disabeling saving thier page. they used a script that give u "site dosent exest or moved" error when saving thier pages.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    There is nothing like that. It can always be saved

btw, I havent single site that gives you 404 error for saving ...post the url if u have it.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    it dosnt give me 404 error, a error box apears like when u want to right click and save as a download link and if the link is moven ull get error box.
    i cant find the site cuz durning some of ma searches i noticed it.

Benjamen button

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    The most you can do is either disable right click (not recommended, users hate it - besides there are always ways to overcome it)
    or encrypt your source, even if people get it, it&#39;ll be useless&#33; There are people who can still decrypt it, but the chances are rare.

Besides why do you want to disable saving? Is your source code a work of art?

I posted a topic a while back How to hide your source

Its an interesting read&#33;
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    There&#39;s no real way of hiding your source or disabling saving of web pages... or disabling right-clicking for that matter. For example, I use MyIE2 as my browser and it comes with plug-ins. One allows for viewing the source code of a site... no matter what... and another allows enabling right-clicking, ignoring whatever script you put on the site. There are many more plug-ins that make life that much easier, but my point is that you can make it harder, especially for people who don&#39;t know what they are doing, but you can&#39;t disable it completely.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Ah Xero Grid, read the through the link I gave. I believe there is a way, read #10.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    I.am, I read your guide, it&#39;s pretty good

I&#39;d like to think I was fluent in HTML coding, but I can&#39;t seem to get the "INVISIBLE" tags to work...can you give me any help or advice on how to use them, please?

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Using abrasive scripts will just piss off your users and make people want to see your source more. (People want what they can’t have). My suggestion is not to bother. That really is your best protection because it will keep your users happy and not spark any interest in your code.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast