Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aren't You Guys Affraid To Get Caught

End of the day...they cant really do that much apart from ask you to stop it or tell your isp to kick you easily solved by phoning up your isp and saying you dont have any illegal material. This is all they want to hear - they dont want to change isp's really.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    oh and by the way...in the subject you refer to "downloaders" I call em "leeching scumbags"
    <insert signature here>

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@15 March 2003 - 19:49
    And there are files that are more "high-profile" which makes you more likely to get caught. If you don&#39;t download those, I doubt law enforcement will do anything, because 10:1 they download music too.

I&#39;m no expert handicapper but seems more like 4:3 to me.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    arrest us for what ? i don&#39;t thnink i have any copyrighted files on my computer and if i did how in the world would i know? there is so much information these days its not up to ME to make sure everything i download isnt copyrighted . proable denial .

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Well, maybe 2:1, even. But 10:1 just sounds better. You&#39;ll win more.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    oldmancan's Avatar Poster
    Sharing is good, rule one. What worry? Cost vs Benefit; business nor government, neither has the resources to chase every file.

Well covered topic, some good threads here.

Sara5564 - well said.

Genius - inspiring.

Can&#39;t remember - What info cops?

Cheers, OMC

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Poster
    Actuatly the cops were at my place for other reasons :-/ and um well I had tons of wares on screen at the time and a game that is illegal here (soldier of fortune 2 (WITHOUT ROBOTS) (full gore))

They didnt do anything about that heh

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Acecool@19 March 2003 - 00:25
    Actuatly the cops were at my place for other reasons :-/ and um well I had tons of wares on screen at the time and a game that is illegal here (soldier of fortune 2 (WITHOUT ROBOTS) (full gore))

They didnt do anything about that heh
    i wonder what that might have been for

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by oldmancan@18 March 2003 - 16:02
    Can&#39;t remember - What info cops?

Cheers, OMC
    The &#39;info cops&#39;/&#39;online cops&#39; are companies DEDICATED to tracking down and catching people sharing copyrighted files on p2p networks.

Trouble is, they often have HUGE amounts of bandwidth dedicated to the task (like 100Mbps or more) and automated programs to do the catching and tracking of... US&#33;

Now the good news -- because their bandwidth is from commercial lines that they have liscenced... their ip addresses are almost always fixed in very narrow ranges. They may change their LAST number of the w.x.y.z ip address (the z number) but by blocking the whole range of w.x.y.0 to w.x.y.255 -- they&#39;re effectively locked out of connecting to your computer.

If you BLOCK those ranges (using PEER GUARDIAN), you reduce your risk considerably.

However, if Kazaa searches go THROUGH supernodes and the results passed back to the searcher (this is most likely) then they may still find you sharing single files -- they just won&#39;t be able to list EVERYTHING you&#39;re sharing. And they WON&#39;T be able to confirm you&#39;re actually sharing those files because they cannot make a direct connection to you...

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    these topics are pointless and only a way to spread fear onto the users of this forum. Plus, these topics only start by newbies and unREGISTERed people, something to think about.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast