Thread: Making My Own Case, But I Need Help!

Poster
    Ive always wanted a sweat cool case, but frankly the god cases are a bit expensive right now for me to purchase, so as an alternative I am trying to build my own plexy glass case... So it will be completely see threw! I have made up some plans for where the fans will go and how to will come together and all, but I need help on how do I get the cdrom and harddrive to go in place. I am planning on building this tower like a regular case, but outta plexy. Does anyone know a link or 2 to a site that gives instructions on how to build a plexy glass case. Ive looked and found a few, but found them no help (there were no pics) I just want to know if I am on the right track or if i should just abandon the idea and keep the money for something else

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Not sure how you want to design it, but here are a few sites with 'How to' with pics. At least you can get an idea, Good Luck!

'How To'.....

Inxpensive plexiglass build show list of what he used and a few pics of finished product, just an idea to view

Several site out there search using clear case/ plexiglass case

This one just for fun, alot of creative PC Mods B)
    (Amazing creativity if you ask me)
    http://www.via.com.tw/en/VInternet/casemods.jsp
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    yeah ive been to the first link site.. found it a bit helpful, but didnt give enough detail...thanks for the sites though just what i was looking for (second link)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Glad I could help! Oh yeah post pics when you complete the project, would like to see the finish masterpiece
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Ok I will do... but looks right now that Im gonna have to hold off on it, cause everywhere I have tried in town and even a few other towns the plexxy glass is a bit too expensive

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    check out www.ebuyer.com they have some nice cases and are very reasonably priced. Not sure where they ship to though

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Im Canadian...that site american probably?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    heh does newegg ship internationally?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    You could also go to TechTV's wedsite, Yoshi has built several and I think he has all of the info located on their site. Yoshi is part of the ScreenSavers show, so try techtv.com then click on thescreensavers links and search for case mods, case build or simply yoshi may even work.

This LINK should help, it is the search results for case mods, however there are probably all sorts of different searches you could perform and find all sorts of cool stuff he has done with plexiglass.