Thread: More Sourses Needed

I've used kazaalite successfully for more than a year but in the last couple of months I have downloaded virtually nothing (one song v.slowly).
    I get loads of hits on a search but every download returns 'no sourses needed'.
    I've jumped supernodes tonnes of times and tried to download hundreds of mp3's with the same result even with 30+ users and big bandwidth!
    I've tried turning off the firewall and the virus scanner. I've uninstalled the kazzalite a couple of times (and deleted every entry in the registry manually and the shared files folder) I've installed the upgrade 2.5 and removed it again.
    Any suggestions?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Maybe you need to change your Internet Provider? (seriously)

I really don't know, but there were rumours that the latest kmd, was designed to stop Kazaa-lite users. I still use k++2.4.3 and have no problem with downloading; although I don't use it so often anymore. Maybe someone else can help you further....sorry not to have been much help.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Hi
    Thanks for the isp comment but its not that. I have a broadband satellite connection with a fixed ip address, basically there is no isp involved if the computers on I'm on the net.
    I understand that the record companies are putting out spoilers and such, could it be some kind of virus or worm not picked up by the virus scanner?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by stevehanco@10 May 2004 - 17:43
    Hi
    Thanks for the isp comment but its not that. I have a broadband satellite connection with a fixed ip address, basically there is no isp involved if the computers on I'm on the net.
    I understand that the record companies are putting out spoilers and such, could it be some kind of virus or worm not picked up by the virus scanner?
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps , and if you have a router you need to get kanat.

pay attention to the underline

now try this :

please do a test,search for van halen?s ?right now? and wait untill you get 30 or more sources and then pick for download and tell me what you get make sure your traffic is paused or clean