Thread: Riptide

used to b a program called rioptide to capture screenshots like webcamnow ... i tried snagit w/o luck ..any other programes i can use/advice???

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    because of it's versatility and automatic timer snaglt is the best screen capture program for webcams, it will capture cams on webcamnow with no problems. for webcams with quicker than 1 second refresh try camtasia (like snaglt also from techsmith) or hypercam will also do the trick.

manker
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thanks ,ill work with it ,,really dont know how yet

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I wrote a how to for snaglt 7.02 a few months back, perhaps you will find it helpful

-------------------------snip------------------------------------------------------------------

to set timer and various other prefs on snaglt 7.02

buttons on main control panel of snaglt:

make sure "image capture" button is depressed

ensure mouse cursor (pointer) button is not depressed

menu options

input: tab: click input on menu >> choose "window"

output: tab:

1 click output on menu >> deselect "preview window" - i.e. make sure it is unticked

2 click click output on menu >> choose "file"

3 click menu >> choose "properties" >> choose "options" in quality box >> write "80" >> click OK>> click OK again

4 click menu >> choose "properties" >> Fill in boxes with where on your HD you want to save the caps and select "automatic filename" complete with whichever name you want to call the caps

filters: tab: make sure "none" is selected on all options

Tools on menu tab:

Hit tools tab >> select the "timer set up" option >> hit the "capture timer" tab >> check boxes "enable capture timer" and "discard identical captures" >> enter desired frequency of captures in the lower of the dialogue box.

Thats it

When you want to cap a cam click the big red CAPTURE button once, click the middle of the cam window and it will cap automatically until you click the big red CAPTURE button again.

-------------------------snip------------------------------------------------------------------

manker
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.