Thread: Best Place For Free Web Space ?

Does anybody know the best place to go to get free webspace/hosting.
    (If possible no adverts)

As i want to learn to create a website and don't want to shell out any money. (i won't need very much space)

do any of you have any ideas?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Poster
    If you just want to learn, then I suggest you set up a webserver on your own computer. It wouldn't matter much if you don't have a fast connection if it's just a learning experience.

Anyways, my recommendations are Apache for the webserver, PHP for server-side scripting, and MySql for database. The last two aren't really neccessary, but they're the best (in many people's opinion) for more advanced web features and services.

You can probably find links to free & ad-free webspace in other topics in this forum if you really want someone else hosting your site.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    You could try going to http://www.pick-me.net and register there, and if someone likes your site,they will offer you free hosting. The hosts are people who have bought their own webspace and domain name, but there is too much space just for themselves, so they donate the rest to other people for free. It has to be a non-commercial site though (no ads or anything).

Before you register though, you should set up your site on a free host like Geocities, so potential hosts can get an idea of your design skills, as some hosts are fussy about which websites they will accept (after all, they are paying for it).
    Good luck!

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    I found this one www.thefreeserver.com with tons of space and bandwidth, but I haven't checked them out yet, so I can't vouch for them. There was another one that I found with a ton of bandwidth and space too, but I can't remember the name - the best part was that there weren't any ads or popups.

www.bravehost.com are pretty good - I've got a site there. There are a few discreet ads at the top of the page, but they don't spoil the look of the site

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    FreeSites.ws has everything you need.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°

we've a pinned thread about this don't you know?

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Sparsely@31 July 2004 - 15:33

we've a pinned thread about this don't you know?
    People are blind.

And someone needs to update that first post in that topic.