Thread: Office 2003

Thought I would take a look at Office 2003, but am concerned that by installing it may create problems with exisiting Windows XP Pro and Office XP Pro SP2 programs. Would installing Office 2003 in separate partition avoid problems? what about changes to Windows XP Pro? All responses and comments appreciated. Thanks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Parititioning may cause problems...and seems like a lot of hassle.......xp is notoriously unforgiving....try it but please backup!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I'm pretty sure you can install Office 2003 beta 2 and still keep Office XP, but i've never had Office XP to test that with though, when i installed Office 2003 beta 2 i uninstalled Office 2000 first cause I didn't really wanna have both versions..

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I'm concerned that installation of Office 2003 will make unknown/irreversable changes to my Windows XP Pro installation or to the registry that might adversely affect my "good & stable" installation of Office XP Pro SP2. Should Office 2003 happen to have a major "bug" or be incompatible with my other programs and I, as a result, decide to uninstall it, I could then be left with changes to Windows XP Pro or the registry that I don't have a clue as to how find the problem or fix.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    You shouldn't run into any unknown/irreversible changes from installing Office 2003 beta 2, I've been using this since beta 1 and have had no major problems from it yet...
    Even if you do run into probs, all you need to do is use the sytem restore to roll your system back to a date before you installed Office 2003 beta 2 and that should remedy the problems, if any happen