Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nick Berg Beheaded In Iraq

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I don't argue against this being wrong, and I most certainly do not believe that the people who did it had any right to do it.

These are criminals, terrorists, and should be made to pay. There is no justification and no justice in it, if they truly were soldiers of their faith instead of the cowards they are, they would long since had died on the frontline defending against the coalition "invasion", not still would they be skulking around commiting atrocity against others, civilians doing their job to boot.

The people who did this are cowards and the scum of the earth.

Having said that, these people do not represent the Iraqi people. They do not represent anyone but themselves and their fellow scumbags, no matter what they think.

Part of the outrage against the maltreatment of prisoners in Iraq on the behalf of US soldiers, IMO, comes from the fact that said prisoners were abused by representatives, official representatives, of the US, because that is what the US soldiers in Iraq are.

Edit: punctuation

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    These guys are sick, they could have atleast granted him a quick death.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    AL-QUADA DOESN"T SCREW AROUND HE WAS DEAD FROM THE START OF HIS ABDUCTION LONG BEFORE THOSE PICTURES WERE PUBLISHed.
    This is just more fuel for the fire the ends will justify the means the America public now demands.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    jetje's Avatar former star
    My opinion,

It's just their version of Shock and Awe....

It's sad people get killed in wars so i regret this one as i do all other killings from both sides.

This method is used cause western people don't like this style, i shocks us... well that's exactly what they try to achieve.
    If there was no television and internet they probablly would have hanged the prisoner or shot him. But the fact they know we think this is pure horror, made them do it this way. It's all about public opinions.
    They don't have the menpower or firepower and money their opponents have so they try to play the public opinion so that the public will set pressure to the governements to back out of Iraq.

This guy was just sadly enough in he wrong place at the wrong time... and i do feel sorry for his family.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    This is sad indeed, my thoughts to the family of the man.

I agree with some of the above posts that these men are criminals and not representative of the iraqi/muslim population.

War is fucked up, noone will argue that. And no matter who gets killed it&#39;s still sad. War should be the last resort. When Bush and the american administraton have sort of admitted that they went to war on a false premise, Bush and his people will have to or atleast should take responsible for this fucked up situation. Frankly I think it&#39;s ubelivable that the man have the stomack to ask the american people to elect him for a second period, but thats another discussion.

Didn&#39;t watch this video and never will watch this volunteraly. I think it&#39;s pretty sick and respectless to the guy getting killed to help sharing and distributing this.

edit: clarity

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by Barky@12 May 2004 - 14:53
    This is sad indeed, my thoughts to the family of the man.

I agree with some of the above posts that these men are criminals and not representative of the iraqi/muslim population.

War is fucked up, noone will argue that. And no matter who gets killed it&#39;s still sad. War should be the last resort. When Bush and the american administraton have sort of admitted that they went to war on a false premise, Bush and his people will have to or atleast should take responsible for this fucked up situation. Frankly I think it&#39;s ubelivable that the man have the stomack to ask the american people to elect him for a second period, but thats another discussion.

Didn&#39;t watch this video and never will watch this volunteraly. I think it&#39;s pretty sick and respectless to the guy getting killed to help sharing and distributing this.

edit: clarity
    I totally agree with you. I just hope they fix the situation in Iraq or we&#39;ll have more and more terrorists.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    so okay, i saw a short version of the clip......don&#39;t know much news about it....how did they capture him anyways? is he like a tourist or something? contractor....shit, don&#39;t those people usually have military units around to guide and aid thm? they already had that incident where 4 people were burned and hung......

so this thing, this...beheading..it just sickens me......i talked about it on my xanga when i first watched it today.....damn.....it&#39;s just horrible......i&#39;d rather take a bullet in the head then to die like that.......that&#39;s so painful...and suffereing to have to go out like that.....and what the FUCK were they mumbling about when that was happening....i couldnt&#39; tell if they were laughing or if they were praying..

.but yeah, i&#39;ve seen these types of executions before......not as a hobby or anything, but more like...okay, i&#39;m in the us, it&#39;s safe an dall this and everything is okay.

.....what&#39;s out there? have you ever imagined or get a good idea of what it&#39;s like to be outside living in the us......those types of thigns tha tyou hear, about.......beheadings, well, aren&#39;t normal, but they&#39;re not rare to hear about......that&#39;s like they&#39;re way of executing people as compared to our electric chair or whatever.......but yeah........that was gross...

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    He is supposed to have been a free lance contractor looking for work. He had been picked up by Iraqi police as he was "wandering" around and its not a particularly safe thing to be doing as a western foreigner in Iraq at the moment. I believe U.S forces tried to provide means for him to return to the U.S but he refused and left.

I believe they were muttering some rhetoric about Allah in an Islamic dialect.

It&#39;s interested that this method of execution may be more common in countries such as Iraq (although its been reported that most Iraqi&#39;s are disgusted by this) - do they have the death sentence in Iraq and if so how do they kill people? I&#39;ve heard of things like "death by stoning" as methods of execution.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Originally posted by SeK612@13 May 2004 - 07:52
    He is supposed to have been a free lance contractor looking for work. He had been picked up by Iraqi police as he was "wandering" around and its not a particularly safe thing to be doing as a western foreigner in Iraq at the moment. I believe U.S forces tried to provide means for him to return to the U.S but he refused and left.
    If that is true I do not see how you can sympathize for anyone but his family. The man asked to die. If your that ridiculously stupid to wander around a country where everyone blatantly hates you.. then you deserve to die. What would possess any civilian with half a brain to go there? If he was literally &#39;wandering&#39; around that God forsaken country this earth is better off without him being able to spread his terrible genes.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by SirGolgi+13 May 2004 - 16:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SirGolgi &#064; 13 May 2004 - 16:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SeK612@13 May 2004 - 07:52
    If that is true I do not see how you can sympathize for anyone but his family. The man asked to die. If your that ridiculously stupid to wander around a country where everyone blatantly hates you.. then you deserve to die. What would possess any civilian with half a brain to go there? If he was literally &#39;wandering&#39; around that God forsaken country this earth is better off without him being able to spread his terrible genes. [/b][/quote]
    Hypoesque in its crassness...

It doesn&#39;t matter how the man got there or what he was doing, the fact remains that he was the victim of a brutal act in retaliation for events he had nothing to do with. That&#39;s never right, no matter how you look at it.

I&#39;m assuming that with an attitude like that you won&#39;t get to spread your terrible genes. That&#39;s the only good thing I can take from that post.

My condolences to Berg&#39;s family and friends, and may the man himself rest in peace.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast