Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nick Berg Beheaded In Iraq

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Alex H+12 May 2004 - 03:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alex H @ 12 May 2004 - 03:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> @Hank - Well spotted.

<!--QuoteBegin-nigel123

This only goes to show, how necessary it was/ is that the the coalition made an end on Hussein&#39;s regime and they should be supported at all costs.

My sympathies to the bereaved.
    WTF? My sympathies go to the bereaved too, but but how on earth does an American phone engineer being killed by an Al Quada group prove that Saddam Hussein ws a bad man with weapons of mass destruction? There is not connection here at all. Al Quada are using the volatile situation in Iraq to fight the US (cause thats what they do) and apparently murdering foreign civilians is a good way to do this (albeit from a f*cked up point of view. This situation of insurgent chaos arose as a natural consequence to the war, but has nothing at all to do with the reasons for invading Iraq in the first place.

The death of Nick Berg does not mean that George Bush is right, or that the coalition should be supported at all costs.

If the "cost" is torturing and humiliating Iraqi prisoners, should it be payed? Or is that the reason given for this man&#39;s death in the first place? [/b][/quote]
    Al-Qaeda?...It does not exist in my opinion. These are the same people who were torturing their own people over the last...well how long was Saddam in power? No&#33; These are just common murderers.

Perhaps your are too young to remember the pictures of dead gassed mothers clutching their dead babies, in a little mountain village in northern Iraq?

As far as "wmd" are concerned; if I buy a baseball bat and slam someone over the head, and kill them, who is to blame? ( not really a good analogy, but I suppose you get the drift)

Have you ever spoken with tortured, (Iraqi) asylum seekers or tried to help them? This is my daily work.

The shame of the West, is that the job of returning Iraq to the Iraqi people was not started shortly after mistreatment of the Iraqi&#39;s and the surrounding countries began.

I believe myself that all these crimes, that are committed in the name of Allah, or whatever name you wish to give to God, has got absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the message of the Holy Quran, and unfortunately, brings Islam, wrongly, into disrepute.

Now George, what about Tibet?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Man.Why are people still useing hash Files?

My bad.Am just use to all of us on SoulSeek.So they not needed.What other Program uses Hash Files besides old Kazaa Lite?Have not used that in Months.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    dont use hash just search for the word "Beheaded video " and ull get "nick berg excution video #2" download that.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Why do you want to see this Can&#39;t you use your imagination. I read a bit of the transcript from the link Rat Face posted and from that I know I certainly don&#39;t want to see it (guy says who he is then one of the masked people around him pulls a knife across his throat, he screams as he dies).

Besides the perpitrators are seeking for this reaction (placing it on the net so the whole world can see it).

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Like I posted above.I do not want to see no more then what I already seen.Do not need to see it all.

So People stop PMing me on here and on SoulSeek&#33;And stop useing Hash Files in the Future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Hey FC if u want i can upload file somewhere and give u the link
    but be sure that u wont be able to eat for copule of hrs

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Originally posted by nigel123+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Al-Qaeda?...It does not exist in my opinion. These are the same people who were torturing their own people over the last...well how long was Saddam in power? No&#33; These are just common murderers.[/b]

I think the US government would disagree with you there. Isn&#39;t chasing Al-Qaeda the reason Bush started the "War on Terror" in the first place? And if Iraqis from Saddam&#39;s era are pissed at the Yanks for ending their party, and end up joining an Al-Quada linked group to fight them, is that surprising?

Originally posted by nigel123+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>As far as "wmd" are concerned; if I buy a baseball bat and slam someone over the head, and kill them, who is to blame? ( not really a good analogy, but I suppose you get the drift)[/b]

No I do not get the drift at all.

<!--QuoteBegin-nigel123
    @
    Have you ever spoken with tortured, (Iraqi) asylum seekers or tried to help them? This is my daily work.[/quote]

Yes I have. I live in Australia and have been to some of our detention centres for asylum seekers and have been fighting to get them released ever since. I have also worked with Iranian men who were tortured by the Iraqis during the war. One of them has a network of scars, 8 toes, 1 testical, 3/4 of a tongue and stutters. They had horrible things done to them, but I still wouldn&#39;t give someone imunity from prosecution and a blank cheque to find the people who did that to them.

<!--QuoteBegin-nigel123

I believe myself that all these crimes, that are committed in the name of Allah, or whatever name you wish to give to God, has got absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the message of the Holy Quran, and unfortunately, brings Islam, wrongly, into disrepute.[/quote]

I agree with you, however I still do not believe that supporting the coalition "at all costs" is justified by this man&#39;s death.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by nigel123+12 May 2004 - 07:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 &#064; 12 May 2004 - 07:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Al-Qaeda?...It does not exist in my opinion. These are the same people who were torturing their own people over the last...well how long was Saddam in power? No&#33; These are just common murderers.
    [/b]

I think there is plenty of evidence that Al Qaeda exists, I have not heard anyone deny their existence, even Al Qaeda themselves take great pleasure in admitting they exist. I think you&#39;re getting them confused with Santa Claus..

<!--QuoteBegin-nigel123

As far as "wmd" are concerned; if I buy a baseball bat and slam someone over the head, and kill them, who is to blame? ( not really a good analogy, but I suppose you get the drift)
    [/quote]

Yes, but if someone sells you a baseball bat then I guess they assume you are going to use it to play baseball..

If someone wants to buy deadly poison gas and missile systems, then what do you think they are going to be using it for.. crop-spraying?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Well obviously I mean that the person that uses a weapon to kill is responsible for the killing and not the manufacturer... A virus, car, lorry, atom bomb, or whatever in the hands of a psychopath, can be a weapon of mass destruction.

To make myself clear, (hopefully) in my opinion, all life has an equal right to a peaceful existence.

As regards to your own experience, I am glad to hear that you are not just an armchair critic; and will add that my statement, "at all costs", was my original indignation at that cruel deed. So I also agree here with you when you say,

Code:
    but I still wouldn't give someone imunity from prosecution and a blank cheque to find the people who did that to them.

@ That last statement of yours is a very good point Barbarossa.
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 10:37 AM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Poster
    Right im in the Uk and we have pictures of american/ english soilders mistreating iraqie suspect&#39;s (putting leads round there necks, stripping them naked) and there was a uproar in uk. Blar had to come up with a speech to explan what is going on.
    But this is nothing compared to the Beheaded of Nick Berg in iraq. when i watched it i wanted to cry. this guy was a civilian in the wrong place at the wrong time. I feel sorry for the iraqies and what they are going thoug, but the beheading of Nick Berg is going to make the muslims that live in uk/usa lives hell. coz when they were cutting off his head they continouly sayed alla wak bar alla wak bar alla wak bar...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast