Thread: Win32/parite

Poster
    Look behind you, you may not see me, but I am there
    Ugh... I have been infected with a virus called Win32/Parite.... I did a google search on it, and it says it infects other applications.. which is what it did... anyone know how it came or how to get rid of it?

Screenshot of AVG:
    Image Resized
    http://www.ihateaol.co.uk/misc/pics/05.11....win32parite.jpg
    http://www.ihateaol.co.uk/misc/pics/05.11....in32parite2.jpg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    its a virus, ive had that virus, and ruined all of the files it infected, this was teh worst one ive ever had, had to loose all my files except for music and movies, formatted and reinstalled...then started using an antivirus program.

i suggest u do the same...

btw, those pics dont show...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Ugh, it even infected Warcraft have to reinstall lol, any firewall suggested?

Oh yeah.. I had to edit the URL for the pics

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Hunted@11 May 2004 - 17:54
    Ugh, it even infected Warcraft have to reinstall lol, any firewall suggested?

Oh yeah.. I had to edit the URL for the pics
    use a good antivirus program and get rid of all the virus infected files first, then u can try zonealarm or sygate firewall.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    OH NO!! I just ran xp installation in upgrade mode... and I guess .... now AVG... my run dll or whatever is infected!!! What do I do now?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Hunted@11 May 2004 - 23:34
    OH NO!! I just ran xp installation in upgrade mode... and I guess .... now AVG... my run dll or whatever is infected!!! What do I do now?
    Scan with a web based virus scanner to kill off all reminants of the bugger, reboot using a floppy, format from the floppy, shutdown for thirty seconds, reload windows.
    Why females insist on putting the lid down is beyond me.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I don't have it anymore. I reinstalled Windows (had to use my home edition disk, and delete the partition) ... but now my computer is so screwed up, it will crash whenever I am running any bittorrent client, not only that, my internet will disconnect for some reason after. But when I am running bittorrent, my mouse will stop moving, and my keyboard also does not work.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Hunted@16 May 2004 - 00:03
    I don't have it anymore. I reinstalled Windows (had to use my home edition disk, and delete the partition) ... but now my computer is so screwed up, it will crash whenever I am running any bittorrent client, not only that, my internet will disconnect for some reason after. But when I am running bittorrent, my mouse will stop moving, and my keyboard also does not work.
    Take up religion
    Why females insist on putting the lid down is beyond me.