Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cracked Subscription Ends

Firewalls are kinda confusing already.

if sygate isn't user friendly what's the point?
    there's a version on supnova maybe I'll try that.

all I need to know is that its protecting my ports and
    that I can config it to allow programs to access the internet.

How hard can that be?

I haven't had any problems with norton when
    it comes to firewalls so I'm hesistant to let go.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    My system runs no faster with Symantec Corp AV & TPF Pro than it did with NIS2003. I'm willing to bet that those saying it's crap and a resource hog haven't used it for many years, if at all.

Norton's PF has an easy to use interface and works very well so if you like and understand it...
    Uninstall all Norton/Symantec products (including LiveReg/LiveUpdate), delete all their folders (including the shared ones in C:\Program Files\ and remove all instances of Symantec and Norton in the registry (use the find menu function) then reinstall. You shouldn't have any problems as I've done it this way before.

edit: proof read
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Reformat your drives/re-install your operating system.

The software was never registered to begin with. No subscription information was ever passed onto Symantec. Wipe your system clean and re-install the software. The complimentary years subscription will renew itself.

Or like Chewie said and you are comfortable enough playing around within it, delete all instances of Norton, symantec and LiveUpdate within your system and do the same for the registry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12