Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Have Cable?

If you're trying to get the latest games/apps, IRC is usually for me the fastest way to get them. Most of the bots hit an upwards of 150-200KB/s, so it doesn't take that long. Don't use mIRC by the way for IRC, it's not very good. Games and stuff seems to take longer to get sharing on FastTrack, but it's the best p2p proggie for music and movies.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    my cable is great

i get generally good speeds... not always what i want, but it is fairly fast.

i don't think i will change for a long time.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    cable modems are good when you download things from the web. when downloading from the web, your speeds fairly can reach 100k and higher. when downloading from a person who uses 56k speeds will drop because you can only send as much information as much as the other side can handle depending on their speeds. you want higher speeds, you need to download from people who use cable or higher. plus, having cable works great on network gaming if you play games such as , CS, tfc and NS and other ones...

cable has great benfits, only depends on how you use them. on kazaa, thats a different story

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    there is a number of reason you may geting slow speed including connecting to 56k's like me.

your computer might not be config right or your line may a fault

try these sites that test your speed and get back to us with the results

http://www.broadbandreports.com/stest

http://www.pcpitstop.com/

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    i agree with ne1GotZardoz, mirc dl speed is slow,and it's hard to use and complicated , just stick with the basic. USE KAZAA

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    newb, drunkinmonk, the only reason you bag on mIRC is cause u don't know how to use it....

i dunnno about you, but i get alot of my stuff off of IRC, like someone earlier said, you can find selective stuff and new releases of things that aren't on kazaa......

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by Drunkin'Monk@17 March 2003 - 00:28
    i agree with ne1GotZardoz, mirc dl speed is slow,and it's hard to use and complicated , just stick with the basic. USE KAZAA
    Have you ever even used IRC? It's not mIRC btw, mIRC is just a program to access IRC, a bad one at that. I do use Kazaa, it's great, but it doesn't have a very good software/game selection, and if they do have it, not many people have it and it's kinda slow. IRC is wicked fast off of bots, and I don't see any reason not to use it...

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    Why have cable you ask? Because it's like lightning. I get 3.5-4 mbps personnally. And it's cheaper than dsl here. Now if we could only them to raise the upload speeds a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12