Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing File And User Accounts

when i start my pc i have to log into an account, how do i disable that (xp) and when i get to my desktop a message pops up saing 'cannot find c:/windows/system32/tools/Delfolders.exe' whats that. thank you

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Find the hidden file 'delfolders' on the motherboard instaltion cd that came with you pc and then copy this .exe to the location xp is looking for.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    my pc came with xp on it, it didnt have a cd, where can i get this folder from

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Yes didnt you get a Motherboard Installation CD with it ?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Did you receive a recovery CD or such?

Peace brotherdoobie

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    blank BT Rep: +1
    actually think its a bit more complicated than simply copying a file from a cd guys.
    try searching on google and read the forums that have posted this. am more confused than when i started! and i thought i had the answer before
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i have read some of the reviews in the forums but couldnt really find an answer to the problem. and i got no recovery disks when bought this pc

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by the mask@13 May 2004 - 16:49
    i have read some of the reviews in the forums but couldnt really find an answer to the problem. and i got no recovery disks when bought this pc
    then whoever u bought it from is a POS

i always make recovery disks for my comps using norton Ghost so whoever u bought it from is a POS.

f course if it was HP, its a different issue... they integrate the recovery files into the HDD and make it accessible thru the bios... if this is the case then dont mess around with it then.

there is a chance that the file is just a stray startup file, in which case look for some startup managers (or if ur good, look in the registry) to deal with it

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    i dont know what i have done but the problem has been solved. thank you everyone.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    In case your computer's provider may have done a 'HP' and left a copy of Windows in your HDD, check to see if a folder called 'I386' is located in C:\

That's normally your Windows XP CD.

Samurai

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast