Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reaction

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Just been reading the killing thread and it's another example of what we THINK we will behave like in certain situations

I've heard people say how they would rush into a burning building to rescue someone, or would hit a burglar in the middle of the night etc

This is such crap really, no one knows how they will react to anything until it happens. Good example, I've never been in a car crash, prangs but not crash til just before xmas just gone. Now if 6 months ago you asked me how I would react if I was a passenger in a van just skidded into the back of another car at 35mph on a main A road, I would have said "Shit myself", but when it happend I simply braced, we hit, I was ok, I made sure the driver was ok, then imediatly got out and made sure everyone was safe and unhurt, then pushed the 3 cars off the road

If a burglar was to catch me asleep I think I'd freak :

So I really don't think anyone can say how they will react to certain situations

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    good point. at the C4 site something like 30% said they would only kill to protect familly, i dont know if i would.

but, i'll admit. i'm normally a bit of a pussy and ran away from pretty much every fight in my life. but once i saw a burglar (significantly harder looking than me at the front of my house telling the other at the back whats going). i didn't hesitate to get a makshift bat and play rambo
    A good game is still good if its late, a bad game is bad forever, Shigeru Miyamoto

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Originally posted by BigBoo@14 May 2004 - 00:14
    i didn't hesitate to get a makshift bat and play rambo
    Pretending to shoot with it?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    Very true

It's alot easier for someone to say that they would react a certain way, but until the moment comes it's basically useless to theorize. But hey, that's just my opinion.... though I've been thru several things and been surprised by how I reacted....

anyway, to sum it all up, I agree

5. Lounge   -   #5
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    i know exactly how i'd react

of fight/flight/fright I'd definately be very frightened and probably freeze

having said that i once saw a car crash into a tree so i pulled over and checked that all the passengers were ok and tried to stop them all from going into shock while another driver called for an ambluence and fire engine
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    I would probably freak at any of those things. Unless a burglar tried to steal my stuff.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@14 May 2004 - 00:07
    If a burglar was to catch me asleep I think I&#39;d freak :
    unless they were purty

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Chevy+14 May 2004 - 00:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chevy @ 14 May 2004 - 00:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BigBoo@14 May 2004 - 00:14
    i didn&#39;t hesitate to get a makshift bat and play rambo
    Pretending to shoot with it? [/b][/quote]
    no. just ran rundith it like a baseball bat like a prick. i had my shirt open and everything, but i couldn&#39;t find a tie to put round my head so then maybe they just pitied me and walked off cos i wasnt in full costume
    A good game is still good if its late, a bad game is bad forever, Shigeru Miyamoto

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)+13 May 2004 - 23:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ((>Zero Cool<) @ 13 May 2004 - 23:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@14 May 2004 - 00:07
    If a burglar was to catch me asleep I think I&#39;d freak &nbsp; :
    unless they were purty [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ve lost count of the amount of ugly burgulars that break into my house and get into my bed...usually after a late night out on the sauce coincidentally...

10. Lounge   -   #10
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Originally posted by Withcheese+14 May 2004 - 00:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 14 May 2004 - 00:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)@13 May 2004 - 23:18
    <!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS
    @14 May 2004 - 00:07
    If a burglar was to catch me asleep I think I&#39;d freak :

unless they were purty
    I&#39;ve lost count of the amount of ugly burgulars that break into my house and get into my bed...usually after a late night out on the sauce coincidentally... [/b][/quote]

they always steal your memries too, well all the good ones anyway, they leave the crappy throwing up making a fool of yourself type ones

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast