Thread: Help Needed Please

tried to instal blubster error message comes up when trying to run for first time.
    message reads mp2p servent has encountered a problem and needs to close.
    Could someone help Please :beerchug:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Can someone Help Please? :helpsmile:

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Hey, kb123.
    I also tried to run Blubster and had the same problem you're having. In my situation I had installed Clean Blubster. The advice I got (from Sharedholder) was to uninstall Clean Blubster and install the regular Blubster client. Then I was told to clean the regular client myself with AdAware or Spybot. I did that and yes, Blubster then worked for me.

I was also told that I could now uninstall the self-cleaned regular Blubster and then installing Clean Blubster would now work. When you uninstall the regular Blubster it leaves a folder called "Blubster Support" on your hard drive. Apparently the Clean Blubster needs something in that folder to work on some systems (probably just yours and mine&#33. I did not try to install the Clean Blubster so I do not know if this really works - I suspect that it does. Is it worth it? That will be your decision. Good luck.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks eyeirritant for replying I will certainly try your suggestion, surely someone else must have had this same problem.
    Thanks again

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    use klite++

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by bujub22@11 May 2004 - 04:54
    use klite++
    Been there done that got the t-shirt moved on...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    After reading all the praise for Blubster how brilliant it's supposed to be I thought I would give it a try that's if it could be installed easily.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    @kb123: I don't really participate in this forum (my reply to you was my first post) other than to seek information (so, I guess that makes me one of them there leachers&#33. I, too, was attracted by all of Blubster's high praise. I know the frustration you went through after you had done what seemed to be a good install and then kept getting that damn "...encountered a problem..." message!

I thought I'd post once more just to say that Blubster worked great the first night I was on it. But, you know, over the course of the next few days, it really wasn't much different than any other P2P program I've used. But I should add that my view is from a 56K perspective (you know...slow and not really able to "play with the big boys").

What was different, however, was that my computer developed a few "quirks" that hadn't been around prior to installing Blubster. When I ran AdAware and Spybot to "clean" the Blubster client they found about 30 spyware items of various kinds.
    When I uninstalled Blubster (truthfully, I got sick of going backwards in qeues&#33 a folder called "Blubster Support" remained on my computer. I don't know a lot about computers but most programs I've used take everything away when I uninstall. All in all, I wasn't too keen on the Blubster experience.

I tried Ares. It installed easily and it has been working for me.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Old Fella
    Originally posted by eyeirritant@14 May 2004 - 15:12
    I don't know a lot about computers but most programs I've used take everything away when I uninstall. All in all, I wasn't too keen on the Blubster experience.

I tried Ares. It installed easily and it has been working for me.
    Most programs do leave something behind when you uninstall or add/remove, even if it's just in the registry.

I too have just started using Ares and like the look of it. Gave up on Blubster as didn't think it worth the hassle.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    All great minds must think alike, I,ve been useing Warez myself since I had problems, works better than any other p2p I have tried. :beerchug: