Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ati Or Nvidia

Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    bah, haven't seen any good recmmendations yet......

if u want a good card, get a nvidia Geforce 4Ti4600
    i know it's expensive, so only get that if you play alot of graphic intensive games, such as UT2003, C&C Generals, etc etc....

the highest GPU on the market to date is the ATI 9700 Pro.... this costs roughly $350 US dollars, so unless you're REALLLLLLLLLY into high end graphics games.....

I'd suggest a GeForce 4Ti4200..... good price, about $140 US dollars, and great performance......

oh BTW, alot of people mentioned a Geforce4MX.....

let's just say that an GF4MX is a souped up version of a Geforce 2.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    even a GF3 will beat that any day......

always go for a Ti.......
    ex Geforce4Ti
    Geforce3Ti..........

hope that helped.....

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    The ati 8500LE is a good value card (its 'crucial' to shop around) but make sure you install drivers correctly or you could have problems. .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by metalrebelzz@16 March 2003 - 23:47
    I'd suggest a GeForce 4Ti4200..... good price, about $140 US dollars, and great performance......
    I would agree cost efficient, use that one myself and it gets the job done. If you are lucky you get pick on up even less, I did about $99.00 (US) off Ebay.......ATi, eh not to impressed with them yet, they seem to be coming of age, but as davinda says unless you have the right driver, you could run into problems........

Nvidia Geforce4 Ti4600 would be nice to have but I'm no forking out $$$ for it just yet, waitin a few months for it to get better priced
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Actually, the GeForce 4mx doesn't even some close to the Geforce 3. It is more like the Geforce 2, which is really bad and I don't know why people still buy that card. Go with ATI, they are the best right now. the 9500 is the best value (e.g. Gf4ti 4200 price with Gf4ti 4600 performance). If you are strapped for cash, get the 9000 (It's beats the Gf4mx to a bloddy pulp). Don't even think about playing UT2k3 with anything less than a Gf4ti/Rad9500.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    Originally posted by Supernatural@19 March 2003 - 20:48
    Actually, the GeForce 4mx doesn't even some close to the Geforce 3. It is more like the Geforce 2, which is really bad and I don't know why people still buy that card. Go with ATI, they are the best right now. the 9500 is the best value (e.g. Gf4ti 4200 price with Gf4ti 4600 performance). If you are strapped for cash, get the 9000 (It's beats the Gf4mx to a bloddy pulp). Don't even think about playing UT2k3 with anything less than a Gf4ti/Rad9500.
    exactly, the GF4MX is more like a souped up GF2......

and believe it or not, my friend runs UT2k3 on his Gf2 and he gets about 30-40 fps.........(lmao)

CP is right, go get a GF4Ti4600......they're coming down in price.....
    here in Cali they're about $160.....

my friend just bought a GF4Ti4800 and wow, does it kick ass.....
    not a major improvement over the 4600, but if u have the extra $20, its pobably worth it.......especially if u know how to tweak the settings, you can get something like 120fps on UT2k3 with everything on extra high......its nuts........

heh, i bet u could probably run Doom III full just fine when it comes out......

hell, Generals (C&C Generals) runs just fine on my GF3.......

planning on getting a GF4Ti4600 as sooon as I save up $150......

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    TRshady
    I too use a geforce 4 mx440 and it works really well, manages to play every game is highest quality so far . Even GTA 3 which my crappy pci 32mb couldn't handle before. You say you don't wan't a 120+ card, so I recommend this, the ti's are faster though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12